LJ 106" or more stretch pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > LJ 106" or more stretch pics

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

LJ 106" or more stretch pics

Im looking on doing a rear and front stretch on my LJ I wanted to know if anyone has any pics of their stretched LJ with 35's -40" tires. Thanks!

Unread 07-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check my build, just finished a rear stretch, 37's and coil overs.

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice do you have coilovers and what kind of shocks do you have?
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Squint77

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
Laredo-Alex
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Where can i find a build Thread of this rig? Especially the streched hardtop???
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint77 View Post
That looks to be an AEV stretched 112. They came out before the LJs and arguably are the reasons the LJ came out. AEV custom made about 50-60 from 2001-2003 ish. The wheelbase is 112 with a TJ departure angle. My friend has one.... and they stretch the hard top too.

The white one.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter75 View Post
Nice do you have coilovers and what kind of shocks do you have?
If you check out my build thread there is a lot of information, the coil overs are King 14" reservoirs in the rear. In the front there are 12" Fox Resy's for now with 4" Currie coils.

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
try2holdmywheel

Not a rear stretch but...

Unread 07-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Squint77

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That looks to be an AEV stretched 112. They came out before the LJs and arguably are the reasons the LJ came out. AEV custom made about 50-60 from 2001-2003 ish. The wheelbase is 112 with a TJ departure angle. My friend has one.... and they stretch the hard top too.
Sounds about right except I heard they only made 5 total.
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds about right except I heard they only made 5 total. 50 to 60? Why haven't we seen any on the forums? Are you sure?
I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but he is right that AEV made quite a few and had an influence on the production of the LJ. You don't see any for the same reason you don't see many of the 4 door TJ conversions: most people that bought them weren't offroaders. Plus they arent easily recognizable (unlike a 4 door TJ).
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #11
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but he is right that AEV made quite a few and had an influence on the production of the LJ. You don't see any for the same reason you don't see many of the 4 door TJ conversions: most people that bought them weren't offroaders. Plus they arent easily recognizable (unlike a 4 door TJ).
Since my buddy bought his less than 6 months ago, he has been trying to find out everything he can. He has been talking to Mr. AEV multiple times on the phone and by email. The white one I posted above is one of the first ones converted and yes it has seen some very light wheeling in the past but my buddy is changing that. His came with a mutt lift with about 3 different types of control arms and 2 different springs iirc. These were done back when AEV was a 2-4 person shop before they were big or had a suspension department. There are a few of these on the AEV forums but rarely are seen for sale. This one was at a rare car showroom sitting beside lambos and the like.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Squint77

2005 LJ Wrangler 

My friend wanted to buy this one a few weeks ago for 23K. It was immaculate and only had 25K miles or so on it. The guy sold it before he could get financing to a dealer for 22.5K. A few weeks later, we were calling around, trying to find my friend a rubi and went to look at one. The guy told us it had just sold but that he had another one in the back that he would bring out. It was the same one (AEV 112)! I said, what's the price? He replied $38K LOL!!! We showed him a pic of my buddy looking at it a few weeks before and told him he was crazy. The guy that owned it before said that it was #5 out of only 5. Not sure if he was just making that up... It was a beautiful Jeep up close. If anyone wants to buy it or negotiate, it is for sale at a Cadallac dealership in north Phoenix.
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My friend wanted to buy this one a few weeks ago for 23K. It was immaculate and only had 25K miles or so on it. The guy sold it before he could get financing to a dealer for 22.5K. A few weeks later, we were calling around, trying to find my friend a rubi and went to look at one. The guy told us it had just sold but that he had another one in the back that he would bring out. It was the same one (AEV 112)! I said, what's the price? He replied $38K LOL!!! We showed him a pic of my buddy looking at it a few weeks before and told him he was crazy. The guy that owned it before said that it was #5 out of only 5. Not sure if he was just making that up... It was a beautiful Jeep up close. If anyone wants to buy it or negotiate, it is for sale at a Cadallac dealership in north Phoenix.
He was making it up. There is over 10 of the 112 owners on the aev forum. When we set up the thread over there asking about his 112 when he forst got it, 10 or so guys posted pictures of theirs..... unless it was just the other 3 112s that multiple guys were just trading to paint and post pictures of it.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
try2holdmywheel

So, is anyone else going to post some pictures of stretched LJ's?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.