Light bar or Stinger on stock bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Light bar or Stinger on stock bumper

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Light bar or Stinger on stock bumper

Anybody have one? I think I'm going to do that and cut the bumper as well. Lets see some pics!

'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183

Last edited by tjsahara1979; 01-14-2009 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Forgot to type something in
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

BTT, nobody?
'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Unread 01-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
BlazinJack
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well, i posted a similar and nobody answered, so i played around in paintbrush and came up with these:

Colorado Jeep Club #145!!
Black Jeep Society
BlazinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
tedder19
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 01-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder19 View Post
Is that fabbed or a brand? I've never seen that one

Unread 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
J-B
1998 TJ Wrangler 

where did you buy that

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...ammy-j-935630/
J-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
tedder19
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Olympic Stinger

(Here is my write-up on another website, www.**************, Check it out!!!)

It's uses six bolts to attach. The four on top of the bumper, where the recovery points are and two on the bottom of the bumper.

They're are three different ways to attach this particular Stinger:

1.- Remove the factory bumper completely and attach dirrectly to the frame(to me, this is the most rugged looking way).

2.-Attach on top of the factory bumper(this is the way I'm attaching it).

3.-Attach on top of the Olympic Rock Front Bumper(There are two different bumpers; One with a Reciever Hitch, one without as well as 50" and 57" wide. Also, they're are three different powder coated finishes; Gloss Black, Rubicon Black, Rubicon Silver).

Other questions and answers I can think of of the top of my head: Yes, you must remove the plastic sway bar cover. Yes, you can use a winch plate with this Stinger. No, there is no drilling, cutting, etc.

The main reason I chose this Stinger is because it's a simple design(i.e.- there isn't a brushguard attached, it's not connected to flat fender flares, etc.). Also, it isn't so small it's not notieable/effective. And, as I'm sure it will hold up, I don't ever want to test it's true capability Haha.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.

Ok, so here goes...

This was packaged incredibly so. However, there was still a nic or two here and there, I just touched them up. I removed the bumper entirely to allow room to remove the bump stops. While doing that I slipped on the stinger just to see what it'd look like without the factory bumper, and it looked nice for those of you wondering. When I put the factory bumper back on, and then the stinger over it, it didn't fit. it was CLOSE, but didn't fit. So I got a rubber mallet to beat it on slightly, and a crobar to pry down the bottom a small bit, and then it slid right on. So, all in all I like this product. Seems sturdy, and only a small bit of finaglin' to get it on.

I also went and purchased two Reese 10k Tow Hooks just in case. And while the factory bolts were long enough for the stinger, they were not long enough for the stinger and the tow hooks.

The "WRANGLER" on the driver-side hood will be removed shortly.

While sitting inside the Jeep, It makes it look alot longer! I feel like I have to give extra room where I turn now! Haha.

The crap on the top of the windshield is where I removed that ugly SEOR sticker. I used acetone on the Jeep body while removing stickers, will this work on the windshield too?

*Note: Sorry I didn't capture the true color of the Jeep today.
Unread 01-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
tedder19
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, and you can purchase this Stinger through Quadratec, or directly off the Olympic website.
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
bigrk51
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bringin this one back from the dead i know but ive been searchin and couldnt find any pictures of this stinger! can you repost them cuz now the links are broken! (tried to pm you tedder but your inbox is full) if not no big deal ,thanks!
bigrk51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.