Lets see your Jeep in a scenic area! - Page 186 - JeepForum.com

88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2776 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Is there a thread for this conversation?

And how does mud ruin stuff? Just the rust factor? I always felt that the rocks are where the breakage happens since mud is soft and rocks are... Rocks. About the part of keeping it clean, that is the only part i dont like. My interior gets horrible after a couple of trips out and it usually takes an entire day to get clean again. But my undercarraige doesnt seem to mind

Picture for the thread, also happens to be my mainset of trails for mudding haha

"Piper, theres a big difference between wingin it, and seeing what happens"
Want to change my forum name to jeep wheelikers
WJC #292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2777 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
AnotherRedZj
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnwelding View Post
Is there a thread for this conversation?

And how does mud ruin stuff? Just the rust factor? I always felt that the rocks are where the breakage happens since mud is soft and rocks are... Rocks. About the part of keeping it clean, that is the only part i dont like. My interior gets horrible after a couple of trips out and it usually takes an entire day to get clean again. But my undercarraige doesnt seem to mind
Damage can be to bearings and gears. Hell any moving parts. Proper clean up helps but like you said.....it can take awhile.

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
post #2778 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
WSS
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

I wonder, do beat up Jeeps bring more than rusted out Jeeps?
post #2779 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
ELMCZJ95

Jeep Grand Wrangler Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/jeep-grand-wrangler-build-1398775/#post13935376
post #2780 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 12:56 PM
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whats everyones problem with mudding on here?
For me personally - Its because the majority of people in WI that go "Mudding" are drunk welfare leeches that do it anywhere they please. This includes private property, corn fields, State parks/forests... or anywhere else they can get ther Ford F150. All while tossing beer bottles out the window. Its not like they are doing it on a closed course or fixing the damage they did.

I also dont think its environmentally responsible, I try to stick to the Tread Lightly policy. Mudding is about the single most destructive offroading. Mudding white trash are the #1 reason offroading gets such a bad wrap in the public eye and the primary reason we all loose 4x4 access to public land.

Thats my opinion... dont get your panites in a bunch about it.
post #2781 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
WSS
Web Wheeler

1972 CJ5 

I don't wear panties.
post #2782 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
For me personally - Its because the majority of people in WI that go "Mudding" are drunk welfare leeches that do it anywhere they please. This includes private property, corn fields, State parks/forests... or anywhere else they can get ther Ford F150. All while tossing beer bottles out the window. Its not like they are doing it on a closed course or fixing the damage they did. I also dont think its environmentally responsible, I try to stick to the Tread Lightly policy. Mudding is about the single most destructive offroading there is. Thats my opinion... dont get your panites in a bunch about it.
Agreed :-D we really need to Clean up after our selfs, if we don't they close trails and areas, it happened to us out at blacks creek area around Boise and it sucks. Tread lightly is a way of life or we will lose our way Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
post #2783 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
AnotherRedZj
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

For me personally - Its because the majority of people in WI that go "Mudding" are drunk welfare leeches that do it anywhere they please. This includes private property, corn fields, State parks/forests... or anywhere else they can get ther Ford F150. All while tossing beer bottles out the window. Its not like they are doing it on a closed course or fixing the damage they did.

I also dont think its environmentally responsible, I try to stick to the Tread Lightly policy. Mudding is about the single most destructive offroading there is. I would say muddin white trash are the #1 reason offroading gets such a bad wrap in the publics eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

Agreed :-D we really need to Clean up after our selfs, if we don't they close trails and areas, it happened to us out at blacks creek area around Boise and it sucks. Tread lightly is a way of life or we will lose out way

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
What they said!^^^^^^

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
post #2784 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This is the only "Mudding" I approve of

post #2785 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
This is the only "Mudding" I approve of
Yeah boy :-D

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
post #2786 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM
cfJeep19
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
The Dusy-Ershim trail...

Nice photo. Understated and clean...

Click the "PARTS" Tab to Find Vintage
& New Jeep Parts @ www.ownster.com
post #2787 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

I also dont think its environmentally responsible, I try to stick to the Tread Lightly policy. Mudding is about the single most destructive offroading. Mudding white trash are the #1 reason offroading gets such a bad wrap in the public eye and the primary reason we all loose 4x4 access to public land.

Hahaha your name is ih8pepl, anyone that gets their panties in a bunch from something you say has got some problems. Just tryin to find out why mudding is so frowned upon on here.

Personally i think drinking and doing any type of wheeling is dumb, so obviously i dont support throwing beer cans. And i agree with the tread lightly idea, but is it really that bad for the environment if i move some mud back a few feet? I dont consider littering, ruining stateland, and getting drunk to be going mudding. Ive talked to a d.e.c. Officer while in my jeep going to a mudhole out on stateland, if the officer didnt care (she didnt) then im pretty sure im not hurting any land.

And yeah the mudhole is out on stateland but only after a hill that is literally impossible to get over or around without already having a lifted jeep or truck. And if the mud is already there, me driving through it wont make it any worse for people

"Piper, theres a big difference between wingin it, and seeing what happens"
Want to change my forum name to jeep wheelikers
WJC #292
post #2788 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 PM
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahaha your name is ih8pepl, anyone that gets their panties in a bunch from something you say has got some problems. Just tryin to find out why mudding is so frowned upon on here.

Personally i think drinking and doing any type of wheeling is dumb, so obviously i dont support throwing beer cans. And i agree with the tread lightly idea, but is it really that bad for the environment if i move some mud back a few feet?
Im a responsible offroader, you are too, as well as most of JF members... What it boils down to is Responsible Offroaders vs Drunk Tards... and there are too many drunk tards ruining it for all of us.

Someone post up some scenery pics to get us back on track.
post #2789 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Mobile Bay from Point Clear AL sans Jeep
Attached Images

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
post #2790 of 4075 Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
Mobile Bay from Point Clear AL sans Jeep
Dam that's a awsome pic what camera did u use to take that

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)

Tags
area , jeep , scenic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.