Lets see your Jeep in a scenic area! - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Lets see your Jeep in a scenic area!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #151
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Final photo and an interesting story about it...I took this photo just the other day...it is looking west from Roanoke Point Beach to the other beach which is called Reeves Beach which we can also drive on but have to go out to the highway to get to it as right where I am standing but you can't see in the photo are huge boulders that extend out into the water so can't be driven around.

Now see that house on the beach? It is the only house directly on the beach....all other houses built years ago are on the bluffs and other houses that were also built directly on the beach are long gone due to past hurricanes and nor'easters. Why this one house has remained is a mystery but many people with very deep pockets who have seen this house sitting right smack on the beach want to buy it as it is private and directly on the beach....

Now, the guy who bought that house and currently lives there with his wife is a guy I know and he is extremely private...as is his wife...they have lived there for many years and nobody and I mean nobody bothers them or visits or even walks over to the house....

He is a businessman and a great person...leaves his place of business everyday no later than 1 PM to go home and you will not see or hear from him the rest of the day....just very private...I won't say his name but he is the owner of a body shop business that does work for all the motion major pictures when they film in New York.....Most any major motion pictures that include police cars were cars done by him and his crew......for example, they tell him how many Crown Vic Police Interceptors they need and how they want them to look and he buys them and does them up exactly per the producers specifications...big big bucks involved there..

The kicker is I have a one of a kind mint 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that I am thinking about renting out for movies through him....But the car is so mint that I am very concerned it might get wrecked by mistake or by an accident while filming.....I have been assured that if that did happen I would be paid twice what the NADA retail value is but to date I have not put my Police Interceptor in the movies.....

Anyway thought his house on the beach here and the story of who owns it and what he does was interesting enough to post here.

roanoke2.jpg  
BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #152
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

how about my jeep in an old florida pine hammock!

[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #153
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05lj87yj View Post
how about my jeep in an old florida pine hammock!
I just came across this thread today and after seeing all the beautiful scenic photos posted by so many here from different areas of the country as well as from those in other countries I must say we have all been blessed to be so fortunate to live on such a beautiful planet....
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #154
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDriver View Post
I just came across this thread today and after seeing all the beautiful scenic photos posted by so many here from different areas of the country as well as from those in other countries I must say we have all been blessed to be so fortunate to live on such a beautiful planet....

god sure has blessed us all..
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #155
xcspeedy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

BeachDriver could you tell me where Roanoke Beach is? Right now I only know of Smiths point and its a small beach to drive on
xcspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #156
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcspeedy View Post
BeachDriver could you tell me where Roanoke Beach is? Right now I only know of Smiths point and its a small beach to drive on
It is in Riverhead....The hospital in Riverhead is now called Peconic Bay Medical Center....You could look that up using Google Maps. The hospital is on Roanoke Ave. You go north on Roanoke Ave and follow that road to the very end...You will go past farms, farm houses and right near the end there will be houses in the woods and the road narrows so go slow.

Before you know it you will see the water ( Long Island Sound ) and then you will go down a steep part of the road and that leads to a small parking lot....at the end of the parking lot you will see a big sign with the riding on the beach rules...right to the left of that sign there is an opening where you can drive down on it and you go right on to the beach....then from there you can just follow the tracks in the sand ( to the right ) and go for miles...

But the thing is you need to be a resident of Riverhead township to get 1) a beach parking permit to even park in the small lot ( it is a little basically unkown beach that most locals just know about )

2) In addition to being a resident to get a beach parking permit you also must in addition purchase a 'sound driving on the beach' permit from Riverhead Town and that alone is $50.00 for those of us who are residents.....If you are not a resident you won't be able to purchase one.....so if you live outside Riverhead township you will not be legally able to drive on the beach.

Now if you go to the recreation center for the town of Riverhead I believe they will sell a non-resident a day pass so you can park at that little parking lot...something like $10.00 for the day...a good deal for an awesome beach....But you cannot purchase a permit to drive on the beach.......

With all that said, there are some who are not residents that stumble upon the beach and will take their 4x4's down on to the beach but the town has a police officer whose official title is called "Bay Constable" whose job in the summer months is to give out tickets to those parked at town beaches without a permit and also to catch those driving on the beach without a beach driving permit....If you are caught driving on the beach or even parked down on the sand by him and you are not a resident ( or even if you are a resident but didn't purchase the beach driving permit ) you will get a serious ticket with a hefty fine and they will make your life miserable if you ignore the driving on the beach without a permit ticket...and this police officer doesn't drive a Crown Vic with donuts on the dashboard...He drives a full size Chevy Pickup 4x4 and he takes no prisoners.

So take a ride and check it out if you wish ( just ask anyone where Roanoke Point is ) but be careful would be my advice...

Some of the wealthy people who came out here from other places and paid milions for a house overlooking the sound have tried to get beach driving banned.......some of them just can't stand looking out of their multi million dollar home and seeing us rift raft...lol..drive by in our 4x4's. But eastern Long Island has been for decades a fishing place and we have fishing families out here that go back to over 100 years so to date we have been successful in putting a quick stop to any call for a ban......you need to drive on the beach to access some of the best fishing........but some, not all, of these wealthy with these homes think their money will assist them in getting a ban for something that has been taking place for decades and they soon find out their money doesn't work out here like it might someplace else....

So the local politicians have not dared to try and put an end to that but they do strictly enforce the driving on the beach with permit only as well as parking lot parking by permit only.
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #157
T-Jay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Roanoke I used to title the pics refers to what we call the beach at the end of Roanoke Ave ( Roanoke Point ).. This is on eastern Long Island, township of Riverhead.

We can drive on that beach year round at anytime of the day or night ( with the proper permit ) You can drive approx 2-3 miles and then you can't get around the large massive rocks that lie on the east end of Long Island sound beaches.. The very next township going east is Southold Township and that goes all the way to the end of the north fork of Long Island which is Orient Point...But beach driving is not allowed at all in Southold township. The only other beaches I can drive on besides the sound beaches here in Riverhead are the ocean beaches on the south fork of eastern Long Island...Southampton township and the county ocean beaches where driving on the beach is allowed ( Smiths Point for example... )

The first pic I posted ( where you can see the house on the bluff ) is called Reeves Beach....and that is the very next beach just 1/2 mile away.....We also can drive on that beach year round but between May 15 - Sept 15 we can only go onto the beach with our 4x4's after 6 PM and must be off the beach by 9 AM the next morning.

You can put into google map search this

roanoke ave riverhead ny
Wow, I spent the first 25 years of my life in central Jersey and then 5 more in and around NYC and I never knew about those beaches. I know of a beach you can drive on in South Jersey but I thought that was about it. Thanks for the info

Too bad I moved to Taiwan lol. There's plenty of 4x4 beach access here though.

T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #158
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome pic!
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #159
T-Jay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Final photo and an interesting story about it...I took this photo just the other day...it is looking west from Roanoke Point Beach to the other beach which is called Reeves Beach which we can also drive on but have to go out to the highway to get to it as right where I am standing but you can't see in the photo are huge boulders that extend out into the water so can't be driven around.

Now see that house on the beach? It is the only house directly on the beach....all other houses built years ago are on the bluffs and other houses that were also built directly on the beach are long gone due to past hurricanes and nor'easters. Why this one house has remained is a mystery but many people with very deep pockets who have seen this house sitting right smack on the beach want to buy it as it is private and directly on the beach....

Now, the guy who bought that house and currently lives there with his wife is a guy I know and he is extremely private...as is his wife...they have lived there for many years and nobody and I mean nobody bothers them or visits or even walks over to the house....

He is a businessman and a great person...leaves his place of business everyday no later than 1 PM to go home and you will not see or hear from him the rest of the day....just very private...I won't say his name but he is the owner of a body shop business that does work for all the motion major pictures when they film in New York.....Most any major motion pictures that include police cars were cars done by him and his crew......for example, they tell him how many Crown Vic Police Interceptors they need and how they want them to look and he buys them and does them up exactly per the producers specifications...big big bucks involved there..

The kicker is I have a one of a kind mint 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that I am thinking about renting out for movies through him....But the car is so mint that I am very concerned it might get wrecked by mistake or by an accident while filming.....I have been assured that if that did happen I would be paid twice what the NADA retail value is but to date I have not put my Police Interceptor in the movies.....

Anyway thought his house on the beach here and the story of who owns it and what he does was interesting enough to post here.
That's one hell of a front yard! And it doesn't even need to be mowed
Unread 06-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #160
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
Wow, I spent the first 25 years of my life in central Jersey and then 5 more in and around NYC and I never knew about those beaches. I know of a beach you can drive on in South Jersey but I thought that was about it. Thanks for the info

Too bad I moved to Taiwan lol. There's plenty of 4x4 beach access here though.

Why did you decide to move to Taiwan?

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #161
YJay92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

me testing my snorkel in the everglades! i just came out of a hole about 1ft deeper than what you see in the pic. drove right through it with ease. only had about 6 inches of water come into the jeep, lol. good times.
1992 YJ, 4.0, auto, HP D30 w/TJ chromolys, 8.8 LSD, 4.10s, AA SYE, Tom Woods shaft, 5" lift, 35" MTZ's, 12k winch, Mark VIII fan, 136 amp alternator, TJ flares, custom snorkel and rock rails, no track bars or sway bar
YJay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #162
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

See any gators?
Unread 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #163
keltonkrew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ouichita National Forrest June 2010

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1606222857

keltonkrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #164
mtnjeepers
2006 LJ Wrangler 

mtnjeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #165
T-Jay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
Why did you decide to move to Taiwan?
My wife, who I met in Collage is Taiwanese. We came out here for a visit and so I could meet her extended family a few years back and I fell in love with the place. After some consideration we decided to make the move. Its been about two years now and I still love it. It was ether here or the Try State area where all the jobs are. I chose here. It never gets cold and our home town (Taipei) is literally surrounded by beaches mountains and rivers. Its honestly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Places like this are only a 30 minute drive from our home.

Tags
area , jeep , scenic

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.