lets see your highline body kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > lets see your highline body kits

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
cragrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

lets see your highline body kits

anybody have this done? found a link to diy this mod. kind of wandering what it would do for my 2"bb? don't laugh, it seems like a smart idea. you'll keep your center of gravity low and get taller tires.

cragrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
6stringboarder
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragrat View Post
anybody have this done? found a link to diy this mod. kind of wandering what it would do for my 2"bb? don't laugh, it seems like a smart idea. you'll keep your center of gravity low and get taller tires.
i have a 2"BB also and am very curious as well
BLUE JEEP CLUB #163
Michigan Jeepers #48
Mud Boggers #22
4 cyl TJ World #27
Boyscout Jeeper #15
OlllllllO
6stringboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
GDTIME
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.oman4x4.com/
- (rōō'bĭ-kŏn') - A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.
Project "Apocolypse": http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/04-rubi-build-thread-609162/
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #69
GDTIME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDTIME View Post
That'd be me

Mine's an AEV kit rather than a DIY job. It's mostly bolt-on in the front and in the back you'll be doing a fair bit of cutting work. It not only raises the wheel arch openings but makes them a LOT longer, allowing the bigger tires to really tuck up inside the arches. To give you an idea, I measured up the AEV / ARB rocker panels and they are about 14 cm too long for my rocker panels now

Anyway some pictures:

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i did a DIY highline over a year ago, best mod i ever done 35" DIY highline and 4" suspension lift

1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
6stringboarder
2002 TJ Wrangler 

hey 1cleantj that DIY job looks pretty good except your hood doesn't latch well, im sure you already know but i was wondering if it was the way you cut the hood or that you dont have proper latches? because im interested in doing this and everything looks good on yours but the hood.
BLUE JEEP CLUB #163
Michigan Jeepers #48
Mud Boggers #22
4 cyl TJ World #27
Boyscout Jeeper #15
OlllllllO
6stringboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
cragrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

both are nice rigs

wish i had the money too get the highline kit. can you buy the highline stuff in separate. i would love to buy the hood and do the other stuff on my own.
cragrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6stringboarder View Post
hey 1cleantj that DIY job looks pretty good except your hood doesn't latch well, im sure you already know but i was wondering if it was the way you cut the hood or that you dont have proper latches? because im interested in doing this and everything looks good on yours but the hood.
i cut more then most would so the stock latch assembly wouldnt put enough pressure on it, I planned on going with a hoodpin setup but 20 cents worth of bolts worked just as well, and its been a year now and hood hasnt come flying up yet
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
jonnyboy2001
1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/8/jeeptj1.JPG

2" lift 37" tires
2" coils front, cj 4" leafs rear, rancho rsx 2.5" shocks
homemade highline tube fenders
37x12.50x17 tires
jonnyboy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.