Let's See YJ's with Snorkels! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Let's See YJ's with Snorkels!

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
chrisinky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Let's See YJ's with Snorkels!

After a recent excursion put the YJ in slightly deep water, the fear of hydrolocking really set in with me. If you guys have them I would like to see some shots of snorkels on a YJ; whether it be home brew, ARB, or some other brand. Especially how you set it up under the hood, and the overall performance you saw with it. Also if you guys have some info on extending breather tubes that would be awesome as well!

Cheers.

Chris

chrisinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is my old YJ with a snorkle. Sorry, only pic I have on this computer. As far as underhood, it was just setup as per the ARB instructions. It worked great the few times I actually put it to legitimate use

Unread 12-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I bought mine off craigslist so I didnt have the whole install kit or template but I made it work and Im happy with how it came out. In the engine bay pic, you can also see towards the back a coiled breather tube with a little vent on top which has all the breathers joined together minus the Tcase which is by itself to the left.
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.