Lets See TJ flares on your YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Lets See TJ flares on your YJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #16
ownTer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep108 View Post
???
I wasn't questioning why he should or shouldn't Just curious as to how, when I put on my tj flares,(see my first post), I cut enough metal that I couldn't put the old ones back on if I wanted to, at least not without a tremendous amount of body work. But the op hasn't cut any metal so its a moot point.

Misunderstood you i guess. Sorry man!

ownTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #17
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here's mine. I got extended flares off a guy on craigslist. It was a pretty easy job. Hardest part for me was lining them up because I wanted to keep the lip underneath to protect the tires from sheet metal.
image-1288868702.jpg

chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #18
BarryBum

Would I really have to trim the wheel well openings on the tub? Not that I don't mind doing it, I just don't want to unless it would look bad if I didn't.
BarryBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #19
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You're gonna have to trim sheet metal. I used a jigsaw with a bimetal blade. And pull the inner fender well mud guard thing. You can put it back in after but I just laid some rubberized undercoating down. Except on the driver's side. I kept the plastic that covers the fuel filler hose.
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got Stock Tj Flares on now

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.