Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lets see some Unlimited LJs

Tags
lj
3M views 10K replies 1K participants last post by  Lotuiert 
#1 ·
I'm playing with the idea of selling my TJ for an LJ. Show me some pictures of your LJs and tell me what lift and tires you have. Thanks.

#2,781 ·
There's a few places to get bolt-on grill guards. I had mine made from a friend of mine (who owns his own Jeep bumper business) make me one. Just check out the internet.

Here's mine on a customized stock bumper;

#2,792 ·
Cactus and shot guns.

About 20 years ago, a stupid neighbor of mine, was killed by a falling cactus. It turns out that he was shooting the base of the cactus with his shot gun and the cactus fell and killed him. Karma is a *****.

#2,798 ·
got my vote :rofl:

#2,806 ·
I gotcha. I was just razzin ya a lil bit. its all good. Guess you could call it a lil bit of temperature envy. its just plain cold out here in MD. no snow to have fun in, JUST COLD.
on a side note though, not sure if you realize it or not but there is enough room to take the doors off and throw em in the back. I lay the drivers side in first with inside panel facing up so the painted side is against the carpet, then lay the pass side down so its trim panel to trim panel. be careful though because its real easy to catch the tailgate latch striker or the seat brackets on the floor and scratch the doors up. gotta say bestop 2pc full soft doors is absolutely positively the best mod I have purchased PERIOD. a very wise investment for any jeep owner.

#2,807 ·
WOW! A lot of nice looking LJs in this thread. I have actually owned mine since 2006 (brand new), and it is still stock.

I have a parts list compiled for a 4.5" lift, 35s and 4.88s. I would LOVE for someone to take a look at the list to make sure everything I am ordering will jive. I used to race DSMs, but am brand new to jeep modding so some of the terminology is still new to me. Yes, I read the bootcamp thread and just need a second set of eyes on my parts list. :2thumbsup:

Anyway.. Here is my LJ when I bought it (it still looks like this):

And then... Jeep @ 70 MPH vs. 4 point buck right before my deployment to Afghanistan. You can see the bits of hair and brains if you look closely.

#2,808 ·
How about 3" AEV spring lift 1 1/4" body lift. Tube fenders painted to match. Savvy underarmor and currie control arms everywhere but the rear uppers. Get the RockKrawler rear triangulated uppers and truss and install a rear 4 link. Then when you order your tube fenders from TNT order their rear coil relocates and rear outboard shock kit. Extend your front upper shock mounts with some F-250 shock towers and throw in some 12" travel bilstein 5100s. Then 35s and 4:88s.

If I were able to start over it's what I would have done.

#2,809 ·
How about 3" AEV spring lift 1 1/4" body lift. Tube fenders painted to match. Savvy underarmor and currie control arms everywhere but the rear uppers. Get the RockKrawler rear triangulated uppers and truss and install a rear 4 link. Then when you order your tube fenders from TNT order their rear coil relocates and rear outboard shock kit. Extend your front upper shock mounts with some F-250 shock towers and throw in some 12" travel bilstein 5100s. Then 35s and 4:88s.

If I were able to start over it's what I would have done.
Holy Crap!!! Have you been taking a stroll in my mind lately? That is pretty much spot on what I'm considering with my build. Only thing I hadn't figured out yet was the 250 shock mounts. I knew there was a way to do that, but I hadn't searched deep enough yet.

#2,816 ·
Dave and Rambo, Thought that terrain looked familiar. Had to look at your location to see. If your up for it, and I remain around AZ, maybe we can get some AZ JF guys together for a run someday. Looks like you have some fun play areas in your neck of the woods. Nice lookin LJ's in the AZ area.

#2,822 ·
Thats sexy :drool: very clean :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.