Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lets see some Unlimited LJs

Tags
lj
3M views 10K replies 1K participants last post by  Lotuiert 
#1 ·
I'm playing with the idea of selling my TJ for an LJ. Show me some pictures of your LJs and tell me what lift and tires you have. Thanks.

#2,280 ·
My experience has been opposite of that. I bought a 06 soft top complete brand new in a box from a guy who had the both top option. I sold my early soft top. Big mistake. From the moment I installed the new top I was very disappointed. Very loose, noisy and it drove me crazy. I called the guy I sold my original top too and asked him if he wanted a brand new black one instead?

Traded him the new top for my old one straight up and couldn't be happier.

#2,282 ·
^^^^
Stay away from my tire carrier :nono: :rofl:

How you been? Lets go to Big Bear!!! (Weekdays only)
^^^^

I have both 04 & 06 set of windows, haven't noticed any sound difference.

as for gears, although my Jeep aint no daily driver, I run Pro Comp Xterrain 315/75/16's with stock 373 (i did upgrade my brakes with EBC) without an issue on trail or street. One day i'll go 456 :thumbsup:

285's

315's

#2,284 ·
I do drive my Jeep daily.

To switch or not to switch. You might get a lot of different answers from a lot of different people. I like the 4.88 gearing with my 36 x 15.5's. It is a lot of tire and the gearing seems to handle em pretty good. I can squeak the tires if I punch it. The 4.56's may give you a little better gas mileage though. I was looking more to the power side than the MPG side because of the tire size. I decided to max out my front Dana 30 with the 4.88's but after destroying the inner and outer shafts on the drivers side I replaced them with chromos and super joints. So if you upgrade one part wait and you will find you next weakest part.

#2,289 ·
Some pics of me and some fellow crawlers playin around in the rocks of Steve's Loop near Pyramid Lake :2thumbsup:

I'm really loving my new RE 5.5" LA kit. Now time for tougher dif covers and some bigger tires lol.

Attachments

#2,297 ·
#2,313 ·
Looks like a couple rod's out in the back ground

#2,317 ·
Lj

Here are a few from when i first got it. I was in Texas, so limited wheeling options. I'll have more when i move out to Colorado:2thumbsup:

#2,324 · (Edited)
For those who may have doubted me, here's proof!!! Crappy cell pics, but have better ones downloading now. Was surprised to learn the lift wasn't a simple BB, but the Rough Country 2.5" with their 2.2 series monotubes. Also, when I pulled back the carpet to look for any signs of rust/water damage, I discovered the entire inside tub had been professionally Rhinolined by the previous owner!!!!! One great thing about buying a Jeep from a non Jeep dealer, is they had no idea and thought everything was stock except for the tires.

Now, to get rid of all that gaudy chrome!!!

Attachments

#2,332 ·
Maybe that's a good thing! Lol.........seriously, they've had it since April. Hence the reason I got it for 16k. They have no clue how to advertise and sell a jeep like this if it took them this long.

As for the Chrome tubes, all but the front bumper is unbolted. Just bought and picked up an OEM rear like 15min ago from Craigslist

#2,334 ·
Nice find. Especially for $16. I found a Rubihara for sale near me for $20,000. I thought that seemed a bit high. It is a Jeep dealer in Minneapolis. Funny thing is they don't even mention that its a limited edition. I wonder if they know? Glad I got mine a couple years ago when the market was soft. I paid about $17 for mine if I remember correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.