Lets see some Unlimited LJs - Page 487 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Lets see some Unlimited LJs

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #7291
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCUNLIMITED View Post
Just got the word that my LJ is a total loss!!!!!!
Buy it back, then fix it or sell it to one of us. The one positive is that you weren't hurt.

Unread 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #7292
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFERV View Post
Great! About how much to damaged LJs go at insurance auctions? I'm sure it widely varies depending on damage.
It varies a good bit, but it's cheaper buying your own from the insurance company because no one is trying to outbid you! You can pick up a good condition rubicon LJ for around 5,000.
Dana 44 with Yukon Chromoly Axles / 2" Rusty's Lift Kit / XRC Front Bumper / 12,000 Pound Badlands Winch / Wilderness G2 Swing Away Bumper and Rack / 17" Gear Alloy Blackjack Wheels / 35" Falken Wildpeak ATs / Xeon Flat Flares
ljrunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #7293
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

JP Magazine let me get some pics with my Rubicon next to the all mighty RESQ1! That is one BA Jeep.

They took this picture and put it on there Instagram / twitter / facebook. JP Magazine Rocks.
Dana 44 with Yukon Chromoly Axles / 2" Rusty's Lift Kit / XRC Front Bumper / 12,000 Pound Badlands Winch / Wilderness G2 Swing Away Bumper and Rack / 17" Gear Alloy Blackjack Wheels / 35" Falken Wildpeak ATs / Xeon Flat Flares
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #7294
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05 View Post

It varies a good bit, but it's cheaper buying your own from the insurance company because no one is trying to outbid you! You can pick up a good condition rubicon LJ for around 5,000.
What auction site are you using?
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #7295
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
What auction site are you using?
Usually AutoBidMaster...But I've dealt with a couple of others. We've gotten two LJ's and a TJ from there in the last couple of months.
My dad owns a body shop, so we buy cars from auctions about twice a month to rebuild and sell. We sell a TON of Jetta TDI's usually 2006-2013, but we also do trucks like our excursion diesel and F350 work truck.

We do our best to save as many Jeeps as we can. I hate to see them sent off to die.

I guess I should clarify good condition. These are wrecked vehicles, so good condition in this sense means it isn't rusted out, the interior is in good condition, the motor and tranny are in working order.... There will be some body damage, maybe some suspension damage, but it's a jeep! You can buy any part for it, and rebuild it just the way you want!

Last edited by ljrunner05; 06-29-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #7296
madska636
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05 View Post
JP Magazine let me get some pics with my Rubicon next to the all mighty RESQ1! That is one BA Jeep.

They took this picture and put it on there Instagram / twitter / facebook. JP Magazine Rocks.
One of those pics popped up on my fb news feed from JP, nice of them to let you do that.
madska636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #7297
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madska636 View Post
One of those pics popped up on my fb news feed from JP, nice of them to let you do that.
Ya, they are some awesome guys. The UA13 actually started last last night a few minutes from my place.

That jeep makes mine (on 35's) look like a little toy. It's actually a little bigger then our Ford Excursion.
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #7298
TFERV
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05
Usually AutoBidMaster...But I've dealt with a couple of others. We've gotten two LJ's and a TJ from there in the last couple of months.
I guess I should clarify good condition. These are wrecked vehicles, so good condition in this sense means it isn't rusted out, the interior is in good condition, the motor and tranny are in working order.... There will be some body damage, maybe some suspension damage, but it's a jeep! You can buy any part for it, and rebuild it just the way you want!
Thanks for the info. That's really cool. And sounds like a decent deal. I'll have to look into that some day. I thought down the road I or my father wants to build a trail only rig that we'd look for a wrecked rubicon (or build a Rubi) and go from there.
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #7299
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No problem. It's a great way to start without dropping $14,000 at the start of your build. The lady that owned mine before me got into a fight with a pine tree. She lost. So when I got mine it needed a new front axel, front fender, hood and some suspension parts, oh and one part of for the transfer case. Sadly it did have a little frame damage so we straightened the frame, put a new fender and after market fender flares, new suspension (which I was going to do anyways), new axel and a few other things. In the end I have less in it for a fully built Rubicon on 35's then most people can get a stock LJ for.
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #7300
TFERV
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05
No problem. It's a great way to start without dropping $14,000 at the start of your build. The lady that owned mine before me got into a fight with a pine tree. She lost. So when I got mine it needed a new front axel, front fender, hood and some suspension parts, oh and one part of for the transfer case. Sadly it did have a little frame damage so we straightened the frame, put a new fender and after market fender flares, new suspension (which I was going to do anyways), new axel and a few other things. In the end I have less in it for a fully built Rubicon on 35's then most people can get a stock LJ for.
That's awesome! Defiantly the way to go! I hope to find something similar some day. Have fun out there!
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #7301
xtreme4li
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I can't seem to find it guys there was a red jeep lj on here that showed three different pics in a row on with regular fenders/ one with flats/ than one he cut his body the shape of stock flare! Can anyone help me find this???
xtreme4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #7302
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4li View Post
I can't seem to find it guys there was a red jeep lj on here that showed three different pics in a row on with regular fenders/ one with flats/ than one he cut his body the shape of stock flare! Can anyone help me find this???
Can't think of the user name at the moment...but its a red LJ on 40'' Kevlars and Race Line beadlocks...hes in the process of putting 1 tons under it....
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #7303
xtreme4li
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yea that's it! I can't find it do you know his user name?
xtreme4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #7304
TFERV
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4li
Yea that's it! I can't find it do you know his user name?
Is this the one? I downloaded the pic cause its awesome! Haha or were you talking about the guy who posted pics of a hood with attached fenders (one piece)?
image-1605427982.jpg
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #7305
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFERV View Post
Is this the one? I downloaded the pic cause its awesome! Haha or were you talking about the guy who posted pics of a hood with attached fenders (one piece)?
The one piece hood and fenders were a different jeep and it was mostly orange and black.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.