Lets see some Unlimited LJs - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Lets see some Unlimited LJs

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #1591
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's a video from last year (a lot of mods ago) when I got stuck in my parents driveway. I was laughing because this is my first time ever getting stuck in it... in my parents driveway...

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #1592
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
You call this a hassle? Took like 10 minutes. Got a piece of mechanics wire, bent it in a U and wedged it into the contacts. If I ever want to change it back I just pull it out and you'd never know it was modded. Been like this for over a year with no issues.

Oh, and all for FREE!
Mines an '06 Rubi and I'd love to be able to use my lockers in 4- hi. Which contacts did you jump and is there a write-up on this somewhere?
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #1593
MrVegas
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
MrVegas, how are the 35's with the 4.10's and the 6 speed? I notice you're in Colorado, any ill side effects with all the hills/terrain? Also, can it be assumed your running wheel spacers?

I'm currently running 33's w/4.10's and the 6 speed and still have use of 6th gear. The 6 speed is definitely the key, but how about those 35's?
Yeah I'm running spacer's, no issues so far. I check them every time I rotate my tires. The 315/75/R16 measure 34.8 but the back spacing is off. I maybe will change to an after market rim later.

I have no complaint's running "35's" with 4.10 gears. I do have a manuel transmission and in the mountains hardly ever grab sixth gear. Mostly stay in fourth, maybe even third while climbing and no higher than fifth. Work's fine I just had to learn how to drive it.
Around town of course it's a different story.

I'm super happy with my set-up. Just wish I had a nice long arm instead of my current short arm kit.
img00094-20090815-1008.jpg
Also, I actually hate my sorry a** side step.
MrVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #1594
jlax2485
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I agree, I need to get rid of mine too...the side steps.
jlax2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #1595
lauderdalechad
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
You call this a hassle? Took like 10 minutes. Got a piece of mechanics wire, bent it in a U and wedged it into the contacts. If I ever want to change it back I just pull it out and you'd never know it was modded. Been like this for over a year with no issues.

Oh, and all for FREE!
man i didnt know it was that EASY! all the write ups i have browsed through made it sound complicated. just that one jumper eh?
lauderdalechad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #1596
mtnjeepers
2006 LJ Wrangler 

mtnjeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #1597
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone going to Daytona this year iooks like an awsome event.

Jeep Beach 2010
787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #1598
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauderdalechad View Post
man i didnt know it was that EASY! all the write ups i have browsed through made it sound complicated. just that one jumper eh?
Can you tell us more about this, Ive seen a couple different ways to do this.This seems like the easyest way.
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #1599
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here are some updated shots of my LJ

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #1600
lauderdalechad
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 787 View Post
Anyone going to Daytona this year iooks like an awsome event.

Jeep Beach 2010
i will probaly go check it out since im going to be living close by in orlando. have you gone before and is it worth checking out??
lauderdalechad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #1601
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm View Post
I tried to tell you guys I already did a write up post in my build thread on this and even posted a copy of a diagram showing the optional ways to bypass it
The added switch is unneccesary, and requires the dash to be hacked for a switch. The method I used doesn't require anything other than a very small piece of mechanics wire on the back of the plug (keeps the factory look). Sure it COULD be engaged while at a stop light, but you have to be under 10mph so there's no danger

For those that are asking, here is the diagram I found to do my mod. It includes the different options, depending on what you want. All of these options don't require a seperate wired in switch or a hole hacked in the dash.

The one I did is the one on the bottom left mainly because it was the easiest to do and the any speed in 4LO didn't scare me seeing as how you can't go that fast in 4LO anyways...

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #1602
-MJK-
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finished up the lift and tires today.....
100_1242.jpg   100_1244.jpg  

Last edited by -MJK-; 03-27-2010 at 09:45 PM..
-MJK- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #1603
jimmyzzer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfast View Post
Kind of a silly question, but, how much of a difference did the 4.88's make? I'M just trying to justify the switch. Right now I'M running the 4.10's with 35's and a auto trans also---I just don't use overdrive unless I'M on a long road trip.
rpms at 70 =2200 got my od back.mine would keep kicking out of over drive on the highway.It will justify just buy the lack of strain on the engine and trans.plus the fuel mileage.filled mine up and so far went 120 miles and just above 1/2 tank.
jimmyzzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #1604
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauderdalechad View Post
i will probaly go check it out since im going to be living close by in orlando. have you gone before and is it worth checking out??
did you click on jeep beach 2010
http://www.jeepbeach.com/
Unread 03-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #1605
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

A few changes in the last year.

A day or two after I brought it home.

Couple of months later

The way it sits now, next upgrade some good rock sliders and some gears

mrfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.