Lets see some Unlimited LJs - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Lets see some Unlimited LJs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #1576
customcougar
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzzer View Post
the rubi stickers are up to high.I took mine off cause off the crap I was getting for buying a rubi.
Anytime anyone gives me "crap" for buying the Rubi, I just ask them if they're willing to donate their weekends to help me build a Jeep. This always shuts 'em up. I have back problems that keep me from wrenching these days.

The Rubicon is Godsend for those of us who can't build their own.

Founding Member: Traction Brothers Offroad

Black Rubicon Club #3 on WI4X4.COM
customcougar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #1577
zaxrubiunl
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by customcougar View Post
Anytime anyone gives me "crap" for buying the Rubi, I just ask them if they're willing to donate their weekends to help me build a Jeep. This always shuts 'em up. I have back problems that keep me from wrenching these days.
amen to that x2 on the back! the bad back doesn't stop me just slows the process !
zaxrubiunl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #1578
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I took mine off cause off the crap I was getting for buying a rubi.
Quote:
Anytime anyone gives me "crap" for buying the Rubi, I just ask them if they're willing to donate their weekends to help me build a Jeep. This always shuts 'em up.
You guys get crap for buying Rubicons? Jimmyzzr, you can't get ANYTHING for buying a Rubi 'cuz you didn't. customcougar, why would you even entertain idiots who would show distain for a superior vehicle?

Quote:
I have back problems that keep me from wrenching these days.
About your back, Google "D.N.F.T." and find the closest practicioner. Trust me, do it. PM me for details. That goes for anyone else who has back trouble

Quote:
The Rubicon is Godsend for those of us who can't build their own.
Rubicon is a great platform for a build.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #1579
lurch9

2005 LJ Wrangler 

05 lj. first time the top has come off since last year. i hate rainy weather, and my half of the garage has all the parts for the v8 willys build.
goin-topless.jpg  
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #1580
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch9 View Post
05 lj. first time the top has come off since last year. i hate rainy weather, and my half of the garage has all the parts for the v8 willys build.
Nice Jeep I love the color
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #1581
MrVegas
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's a few of my '05 unlimited.
getattachment.jpg

img00104-20090815-1058.jpg

ga.jpg
MrVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1582
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

MrVegas, how are the 35's with the 4.10's and the 6 speed? I notice you're in Colorado, any ill side effects with all the hills/terrain? Also, can it be assumed your running wheel spacers?

I'm currently running 33's w/4.10's and the 6 speed and still have use of 6th gear. The 6 speed is definitely the key, but how about those 35's?

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1583
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch9 View Post

Sick looking LJ! Why is it the rear rollbars on the LJ's have that cutoff that the TJ's dont? I think that looks awesome!

Lately I've been dreaming of selling my TJ for an LJ.

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #1584
KMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
MrVegas, how are the 35's with the 4.10's and the 6 speed? I notice you're in Colorado, any ill side effects with all the hills/terrain? Also, can it be assumed your running wheel spacers?

I'm currently running 33's w/4.10's and the 6 speed and still have use of 6th gear. The 6 speed is definitely the key, but how about those 35's?
You know you want 35"s! Just do it!!!

Not sure why, but even with my stock 3.73 gearing, my 315's really don't feel that bad ... I've ran 35x12.5x15's in the past and they sucked.

I'll go 4.56 eventually.

glockster, If you'd like, lets setup a time next week and switch wheels & tires to see how you like it.

o6 LJ see profile...
KMET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #1585
jimmyzzer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
You guys get crap for buying Rubicons? Jimmyzzr, you can't get ANYTHING for buying a Rubi 'cuz you didn't.
lost me there but mine is a rubi.alot of people are in to built not bought here.plus its more fun to walk up stuff after people keep trying and cant make it.
I just put in 4.88's going from the 4.10's was a big difference but mine is an auto with 35's.here is a pic from last weekend check out the belly up pan.

jimmyzzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #1586
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=jimmyzzer;9166090]lost me there but mine is a rubi.alot of people are in to built not bought here.plus its more fun to walk up stuff after people keep trying and cant make it.
I just put in 4.88's going from the 4.10's was a big difference but mine is an auto with 35's.here is a pic from last weekend check out the belly up pan.

Kind of a silly question, but, how much of a difference did the 4.88's make? I'M just trying to justify the switch. Right now I'M running the 4.10's with 35's and a auto trans also---I just don't use overdrive unless I'M on a long road trip.
mrfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #1587
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegas View Post
Here's a few of my '05 unlimited.
Attachment 111075

Attachment 111076

Attachment 111077
Thanks for the pic of a Rubi with side steps, I have the tube steps that really don't look good to me. Now if someone around here had some.

Unread 03-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #1588
lauderdalechad
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 787 View Post
I recently talked to a guy that put in a bypass switch in his rubi that allowed his lockers to work in high,I also read this somwhere in this forum.This feature would be great on the trail.What is a rubicraler.
i believe the superchips flashpaq tuner also has a feature that allows you to run the lockers in 4 hi...less hassle than the DIY method imo. plus tons of other features all for $350-$400
lauderdalechad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #1589
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

[quote=mrfast;9168043]
Quote:
lost me there but mine is a rubi.alot of people are in to built not bought here.plus its more fun to walk up stuff after people keep trying and cant make it.

Kind of a silly question, but, how much of a difference did the 4.88's make? I'M just trying to justify the switch. Right now I'M running the 4.10's with 35's and a auto trans also---I just don't use overdrive unless I'M on a long road trip.
you wouldnt believe the difference. though with an automatic you should really look into 5.13's you will LOVE them

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #1590
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauderdalechad View Post
i believe the superchips flashpaq tuner also has a feature that allows you to run the lockers in 4 hi...less hassle than the DIY method imo. plus tons of other features all for $350-$400
You call this a hassle? Took like 10 minutes. Got a piece of mechanics wire, bent it in a U and wedged it into the contacts. If I ever want to change it back I just pull it out and you'd never know it was modded. Been like this for over a year with no issues.

Oh, and all for FREE!
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.