Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lets see some Unlimited LJs

Tags
lj
3M views 10K replies 1K participants last post by  Lotuiert 
#1 ·
I'm playing with the idea of selling my TJ for an LJ. Show me some pictures of your LJs and tell me what lift and tires you have. Thanks.

#1,785 ·
No, I was planning on using your Bridgers:rofl:

Most likely I would run wheel spacers. I found H&R springs makes one for the TJ that is hubcentric and only .6" deep. That would give me a backspace of 4.4". (They also have 25mm and 30mm or .98" and 1.18") I might give that a try if I can find it for a decent price. I'd like to keep things tucked in as tight as possible. My only concern with the skinny spacers is they use longer studs instead of new studs on the adaptor. But since it is hub centric the studs don't carry any weight. So I think it might be OK. But I'll do more research when I'm ready for spacers or rims.

2005 Jeep Wrangler Applications || H&R Special Springs, LP

Well one sure way to know is to live and learn lol. With my tires (305/70/16 MTR/K) I would have eaten my flares had I not had RE 3.5" springs and I am running a 1" Tera BL. And Glockster is right if you are gonna run the Moab's wheel spacers should be on your list, otherwise get new rims with better backspacing.
Hey now, your scaring me. I thought the general consensus here was that a 2" lift with body lift was enough for a 285/75/16. How much bumpstop is needed to keep the tires out of the fenders. I suppose if I absolutely had to I could run a 1 1/2" bumpstop. But I hate to do that and give up any extra suspension travel I gained with my lift. I could also do a 1 1/4 body lift for that little bit extra. But I think I'd rather stick with the smaller body lift.

#1,786 ·
At 4.4" of backspacing you should be OK. With my bridgers running 4.6" of backspacing I had to add washers to the steering stops to keep the 285/75/16's off the lower control arms at full lock. I rub now turning right but not left. The jeep has settled so I need to re-center the front trackbar.

The rear tires are fine. I rubbed on the RE Gen II disco's on-road but alleviated that annoyance by installing a currie anti-rock.

#1,791 ·
Ih8pepl73 - I just read your signature. I hope thats a joke. It seems pretty rude and self rightous to flip off a kid in a Liberty when he gave you the Jeep wave. Do you just not like the Jeep wave or do you put yourself above any Jeep you think is inferior to yours. I wonder how you would feel if those who drove CJs flipped you off. Or would you rather be flipped of by someone in a new JK? I won't argue that a Liberty is not as capable as a Wrangler. Heck I wouldn't even argue if you wanted to say the TJ/LJ was the pinnacle of Jeep evolution. But it still seems rude to flip someone off who acknowledges your Jeep. Even if you do hate people.

This post has been deleted
#1,794 ·
I know of quite a few KJs that I'm sure would blow your jeep away. Calm down man you got problems.

Speaking of this country being about having your own opinion, way to blow that out your *** by flipping someone off for just driving a vehicle you don't like. You hate people? Or people hate you?

I also like how you said don't read it, but deleted it. Sense of regret?

There's a difference between having a sense of humor, and just being rude.

#1,797 ·
Look, honestly, I'm not trying to start a war here. We are all lover's of Jeeps and that's what JF is all about. Some people don't like Wranglers. Some people don't like CJ's. Some people are CHEVY fans! (I just threw up a little).

I just don't like being rudely blindsided because of my signature. All someone had to say -politely - was; "Dude that's not cool. I think you should change that line in your signature." I would have said ok and came up with something else. Not be a giant D*** and tell me I have a God complex and that I think I'm better than anyone!!!!! :brickwall

#1,808 ·
dirty cruiser - thats a sharp looking LJ thanks for posting pictures.

#1,815 ·
Here's mine. The LJ is almost done. The TJ...I built 4-5 years ago. The LJ is on 35's and the TJ is on 37's.

I really love the stealth-look of those highlines on you LJ ... makes me want to do that to my Jeep more and more!!! :highfive:

#1,823 ·
Not yet. Haven't takin it out of the garage yet, and there's not enough room or light to get any good ones of the front. I'll try to post some up in the next week. Still trying to finish up a couple of things and still waiting on my sliders. Just found out they've been pushed back another 3-4 weeks:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.