Lets see some Tj on 37s or 38 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
99tjwrangler99
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: edgewater
Posts: 79
Lets see some Tj on 37s or 38

Got a tj on 35s and I'm thinking bout going bigger so I wanna see some tjs with no bigger than 7.5" lift and 37s or 38s

99tjwrangler99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 PM
rckchucker
Member
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sandy
Posts: 365
37's on the front 2 TJ's, 35's on the third TJ. First one has a 4 inch TeraFlex LCG, the second has a 7" Rock Krawler and the third is a 3" TeraFlex LCG.

rckchucker is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
matt93
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: newburgh
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckchucker
37's on the front 2 TJ's, 35's on the third TJ. First one has a 4 inch TeraFlex LCG, the second has a 7" Rock Krawler and the third is a 3" TeraFlex LCG.
Any more pictures of that third one?

"don't wash it. it looks better dirty"

Siena Pearl Owners Member 57
matt93 is offline  
post #4 of 27 Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
rckchucker
Member
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sandy
Posts: 365


Steep Climb on Hell's Revenge



Overlook on Hell's Revenge



Top of Rose Garden Hill



Bottom of Onion Creek







Last weekend out at 5 Mile Pass southwest of SLC.

And now she's under the knife again getting tons.
rckchucker is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 PM
kyle_craig
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: White Bear Laaake, Minnesooota
Posts: 2,745
Garage
^^^I saw this one parked at Moab Diner earlier this year. Neat rig!
kyle_craig is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
loganm
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hattiesburg
Posts: 356
How's the RK lift doing how long has he had it? I'm saving up for their 5.5 xfactor with 37s.
loganm is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 PM
rckchucker
Member
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sandy
Posts: 365
thanks. its a work in progress.
rckchucker is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
rckchucker
Member
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sandy
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganm View Post
How's the RK lift doing how long has he had it? I'm saving up for their 5.5 xfactor with 37s.
he likes it and has been happy with all of it but their track bar and steering set up. They use proprietary heims that you can only get from them, and they wear out quickly. The lift itself has been pretty good though.
rckchucker is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 AM
loganm
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hattiesburg
Posts: 356
Okay I planned on a mixed lift.. Currie steering being one. I just like the price and quality of the actually lift. Thanks.
loganm is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 06-16-2012, 12:06 AM
rckchucker
Member
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sandy
Posts: 365
Not to put a bad taste in your mouth, but I had the currie steering for a while. It is decent quality, but is suuuuuper expensive when it comes time to replace the tie rod ends when they wear out. I don't know how much wheelin you do, but I do a fair amount and I only got about 10k out of the tie rod ends before they were sloppy and totally shot. Rather than put another $400 into it to rebuild it, I bagged it and went with a TeraFlex High Steer kit. The knuckle is beefier than stock, you don't need a drop pitman arm (this will save your sector shaft on your steering box, or the seals anyway), and it eliminates the super lame inverted Y setup that some genius engineer thought was a good idea...My steering response greatly improved, and the cost is not a whole lot more than the currie stuff. You could accomplish similar results with a WJ knuckle. Just some food for thought. Parts are expensive. Why buy them twice? Do it right the first time.
rckchucker is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Collin89Sahara
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frisco
Posts: 1,377
At Collins Brothers Jeeps in Wylie, Texas. It's on 39in irocks.
Attached Thumbnails
image-157982349.jpg  
Collin89Sahara is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Julesfools
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: League City
Posts: 97
image-33620233.jpg

37's on 4.5" lift and 1"body lift. Sorry bout the quality its the only picture on my phone from last weekend. Tires are at 15psi with 20psi in the inner bead lockers.
Julesfools is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Speed911
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Conyers, GA
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckchucker View Post
Not to put a bad taste in your mouth, but I had the currie steering for a while. It is decent quality, but is suuuuuper expensive when it comes time to replace the tie rod ends when they wear out. I don't know how much wheelin you do, but I do a fair amount and I only got about 10k out of the tie rod ends before they were sloppy and totally shot. Rather than put another $400 into it to rebuild it, I bagged it and went with a TeraFlex High Steer kit. The knuckle is beefier than stock, you don't need a drop pitman arm (this will save your sector shaft on your steering box, or the seals anyway), and it eliminates the super lame inverted Y setup that some genius engineer thought was a good idea...My steering response greatly improved, and the cost is not a whole lot more than the currie stuff. You could accomplish similar results with a WJ knuckle. Just some food for thought. Parts are expensive. Why buy them twice? Do it right the first time.
You're not allowed to talk bad about Currie 'round these parts...

-Dane
Speed911 is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Wheezy
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Quabbin
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin89Sahara View Post
At Collins Brothers Jeeps ion Wylie, Texas. It's on 39in irocks.
Those are Pit Bulls not Irok's.

Never argue with a fool, for they may be doing the same.
Wheezy is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Collin89Sahara
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frisco
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezy

Those are Pit Bulls not Irok's.
You are right, I got them confused with another Jeep I saw that day. Anyway you look at it, it's a bad*** Jeep.
Collin89Sahara is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome