LCOGs with Metalcloak Overlines - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > LCOGs with Metalcloak Overlines

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #31
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I agree. I like the look, but leaving the driveline alone is one more plus in my book.

Unread 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #32
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You know, I really love my LCOGish YJ (not really my intention or anything, just DD the thing so wanted it as low and stable as I could) but man, I've passed a few YJs today/yesterday with a more traditional lift to fit 35s (one was SOA on 35s, the other was at least 4-5" lift plus a 1" BL, and both retained the factory fenders/rear well size) and my Jeep suddenly felt small lol! They had perfect paint and interiors and I felt like I was in a total tiny a$$ beater of a Jeep....

Didn't think I would feel that way haha. Figured I'd share. Maybe start an "LCOG support group" hehe.

I play, I play

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #33
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dam it sparrows, you're jacking up the LCOG flow lol. Kidding, I know what you mean. I came across a pic of a X model that was the same color paint and top as mine, but he had what looked like a 4" lift on 35s with 15x12 polished aluminum wheels. Very clean looking indeed! Dam I'm getting deterred, on with the thread
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #34
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82 View Post
Dam it sparrows, you're jacking up the LCOG flow lol. Kidding, I know what you mean. I came across a pic of a X model that was the same color paint and top as mine, but he had what looked like a 4" lift on 35s with 15x12 polished aluminum wheels. Very clean looking indeed! Dam I'm getting deterred, on with the thread
Whoops sorry man.
Didn't mean to be a buzzkill! I love my YJ but it was weird having another one looking "down" on me haha! I know mine will be purpose built, a DD, and still be able to hang with the big kids when I'm done!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #35
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of mods are needed in the rear to fit 35-37s of a TJ with 2" lift? The front seems like it'd be easy. DIY hi-line, or MCs. But out back is there extensive cutting? Sorry if this is off topic, just curious.
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #36
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
What kind of mods are needed in the rear to fit 35-37s of a TJ with 2" lift? The front seems like it'd be easy. DIY hi-line, or MCs. But out back is there extensive cutting? Sorry if this is off topic, just curious.
Here is the view of the MC corners on before the cut and after the cut is made. Last picture is that of a brand new 35 stuffed with stock suspension and stock bumps with a 1" BL

toberste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #37
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr
I had to cut a lot even after the MC mod cut with the 37s with a little under 2" of lift.
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
Glad you brought that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
Here is the view of the MC corners on before the cut and after the cut is made. Last picture is that of a brand new 35 stuffed with stock suspension and stock bumps with a 1" BL
Wow, that's with the mod cut? That's a really close fit. Why does my996duc1 jeep on the last page have much more clearance in the rear with 35s? I thought the pics that sparrows posted of yours was stock springs with 1"BL. Edit: is the last pic with the coils compressed?
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow, that's with the mod cut? That's a really close fit. Why does my996duc1 jeep on the last page have much more clearance in the rear with 35s? I thought the pics that sparrows posted of yours was stock springs with 1"BL. Edit: is the last pic with the coils compressed?
That's with right rear at full compression on the bumpstops. I had the front left on top of some type of highway barrier lol
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #40
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Makes much more sense. Had me re thinking this whole idea for a minute there lol. So, that small sliver is what they call the "mod cut"? I thought there would be much more to cut than that.
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! Makes much more sense. Had me re thinking this whole idea for a minute there lol. So, that small sliver is what they call the "mod cut"? I thought there would be much more to cut than that.
nopeee thats it!
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Any TJs on less than 2"s of lift with overlines. Preferably sitting on 33s, but anything larger you would like to whore out is welcome too

So far I have seen two on here that I can think of, but I'm hoping I can drum up some more that haven't posted.
Anybody else got any pics? ^^^
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #43
SnuffThis505
2002 TJ Wrangler 

33's

image-526051658.jpg
SnuffThis505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #44
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuffThis505 View Post
33's
How much lift is that? Looks like 3"
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #45
SnuffThis505
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ya it's a 3"

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
SnuffThis505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.