LCOGs with Metalcloak Overlines - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > LCOGs with Metalcloak Overlines

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82 View Post
Hey, you know, just hanging in like a hair in a biscuit man Ahh..you went and put some overlines on her! Nice! I see you stripped the liner off the back too. Much better! The 3" with 35s was actually another option I was looking for, just in case I decided to lift it some later on down the road. I'm definitely liking the YJ version better. Looks like the TJ MCs all have the same 3 bolts on the sides with the odd looking metal plate, but I'm guessing the bolts actually have a funtion. Hopefully they didn't put them there for looks. How are you liking the looks of them so far? How well do they line up with all of the factory parts?
Ya I had the MCs sitting in my house for quite a few weeks waiting for a weather window to paint and instal them. I almost had you shop them in when you did that other stuff for me but I didn't want to ruin the surprise lol.

Got the rhino off. I can't find your chop job pic otherwise I would have posted before and after shots in your thread....

Anyways I love them. The installation was easy and straight forward, everything lined up great and they are strong and beefy as all hell. I'm more than happy that its the route I took.

It looks great too. Especially with the lift/tire combo. At least to me it does!

Cheers

__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
didn't want to ruin the surprise
That's funny.

Yeah man, looks good! Why I mentioned that about the parts lining up was because I came across an older thread where some guys were posting pics of the fender hitting the side of the hood and bolts hitting and squeaking on the underside of the hood. Did you go with steel or aluminun? I may be way off, but I'm thinking 35s with no lift and the mod cut rears would be pretty dam sweet.
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
toberste
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82 View Post
That's funny.

Yeah man, looks good! Why I mentioned that about the parts lining up was because I came across an older thread where some guys were posting pics of the fender hitting the side of the hood and bolts hitting and squeaking on the underside of the hood. Did you go with steel or aluminun? I may be way off, but I'm thinking 35s with no lift and the mod cut rears would be pretty dam sweet.
The bolts on the underside of the hood that mount the inner fender to the main fender are what give the problem. When I first installed they rubbed but I simply removed and installed the bolts the opposite direction. No more interference as they are capscrews

It would look like this with no lift and the cut.



toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Yeah man, that looks good. Maybe he's running 15" wheels, those look a little small. That's actually a little more clearance than I expected though. You know I had to photoshop it to check it out lol edit: who's jeep is that. Do they have anymore pics?

This is what I came up with. Same tires I'm running now, only in 35s. This pic is without the mod cut though.

__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #20
toberste
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82
Yeah man, that looks good. Maybe he's running 15" wheels, those look a little small. That's actually a little more clearance than I expected though. You know I had to photoshop it to check it out lol edit: who's jeep is that. Do they have anymore pics?

This is what I came up with. Same tires I'm running now, only in 35s. This pic is without the mod cut though.
It's mine in the early stages of my build. I can scrounge up more pics in the am Of it before I lifted it
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
When I talked to Mc they said that the access panels are a must for the tj, something about how they mount!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
I see. So the bolts are there to just hold the access cover on. Hmm. I figured there had to be a functional reason for that. Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
3" Coils on 35's. Be 37's next time around
Looks good! I'm liking it man. Thanks!
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #22
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
It's mine in the early stages of my build. I can scrounge up more pics in the am Of it before I lifted it
Good looking jeep man. Post 'em up when you find 'em. I'd like to check it out. I'll see if I can track down your build, if you have a thread. Edit: Was Sparrows right, is this pic prior to the lift? I see that you have 3" coils and 1" BL currently, but it does appear to have a small lift in the pic.
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #23
toberste
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82 View Post
Good looking jeep man. Post 'em up when you find 'em. I'd like to check it out. I'll see if I can track down your build, if you have a thread. Edit: Was Sparrows right, is this pic prior to the lift? I see that you have 3" coils and 1" BL currently, but it does appear to have a small lift in the pic.
The 1" BL is all that is on in that pic. I'll get some more pics up when I get home from work tonight from when that's all i had. Assuming if you wanna go that route and keep it low you'll want a small BL to do a TT to bring the driveline up out of the way. Build thread below

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...04-tj-1312222/
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #24
my996duc1
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 203
no lift and 35" tires :


It now has a 4" lift. So will probably go to a 37" tire (with other mods) once the 35" tires are worn out.

_
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara #0090 / MetalCloak'd / Currie 4" Lift with AntiRock / 35x12.50 GoodYear Kevlars / UCF skids

My build : http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/rubicon-sahara-build-chronicles-328649.html
my996duc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
The 1" BL is all that is on in that pic. I'll get some more pics up when I get home from work tonight from when that's all i had. Assuming if you wanna go that route and keep it low you'll want a small BL to do a TT to bring the driveline up out of the way. Build thread below

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...04-tj-1312222/
I'll check it out. Thanks man. I'd still like to check those pics out if you run across any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my996duc1 View Post
no lift and 35" tires :


It now has a 4" lift. So will probably go to a 37" tire (with other mods) once the 35" tires are worn out.

_
Thanks for posting. Good looking jeep man. Yours is one that I have been looking at as well. Did you just tired of the lower stance or was the 4" the original plan?
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by my996duc1
no lift and 35" tires :

It now has a 4" lift. So will probably go to a 37" tire (with other mods) once the 35" tires are worn out.

_
If I were to do it all over again I'd try for a 1" hs lift and 37s. Find travel somehow.
__________________
Instagramin --> @Army_Alibaba
NYGLT56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #27
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Why is that?
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82
Why is that?
Lower. I would've ran 35s no lift. But I like 37s more haha.
__________________
Instagramin --> @Army_Alibaba
NYGLT56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #29
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
I gotta give it to you, the 37s do look pretty dam awesome, but yeah, I'm thinking 35s with no lift will most likely be the route I take. Maybe the 1" BL, not 100% sold on it yet though.
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #30
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82
I gotta give it to you, the 37s do look pretty dam awesome, but yeah, I'm thinking 35s with no lift will most likely be the route I take. Maybe the 1" BL, not 100% sold on it yet though.
A 1" bl and no lift would be solid especially for when you get into the tts and drivlines
__________________
Instagramin --> @Army_Alibaba
NYGLT56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.