Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

KCs on stock front bumper

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  95wrangler4life 
#1 ·
I have some Daylighters I was going to mount on my stock front bumper since my X didnt have fog lights. But these things are pretty big and I think they will stick out past the front of the bumper and might look goofy or be in such a place as to be more prone to being broken. I was thinking of selling them to my brother and buying some Slimlites fogs but they are a bit pricey. But I would do it if I had to.

So does anyone have pics of Daylighters and/or Slimlites mounted on the stock front bumper (preferably near the stock fog light location)?

thanks!!

#3 ·
KC Daylighters on stock bumper. Had to drill the holes bigger to accept 1/2" light mounting posts/bolts. They hung over the front a little. Slim lights would of worked better IMO.

On Smitty el cheapo rock bumper.

#4 ·
Awesome guys! Thanks! Since I got these for free I wanted to mount them here asap. I dont want to spend the $163 for Slimlites when I already have these sitting in a box ya know?

Ironically I myself as well as the guys who posted so far all have Moabs on non-Rubicons. Well now I will have your lights too guys. I guess great minds think alike. :D

#5 ·
You're welcome. I would definately keep them since they were free.:thumbsup: I have not bashed one yet. FYI, I did not crank the mounting bolts down real tight. I left them just loose enough so I could move them out of harms way if I needed to use the tow hooks.
I love Moab wheels too. Mine are coming off today....I only run them during the winter with those skinny AT tires. It's like having a competely different Jeep for a couple months out of the year!:cheers2:

#8 ·
The Slimlites do look better but I think for the money, the original Daylighters look good too. I guess I could always sell them used and upgrade later if I chose to. There are more important things to spend money on though now. Like suspension. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.