Just got this last week!! What do yall think?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Just got this last week!! What do yall think?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Closed Thread
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
Gane35
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 155
Well back to OP. I'll get us back on topic since it became a who's is bigger thread. What do you plan on using your rig for? The more you can tell us about the type of driving you will be soon the ether we can help you congrats though nice looking rig.

Gane35 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
CaptD
Junior Member
 
CaptD's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Irvington, Alabama
Posts: 40
I like it! Can you post a pic showing more of the front? I wanna see the whole bumper. The rear would be cool too.
__________________
The southern possum is a flat marsupial that lives in the middle of the road.
CaptD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
RobbieWheeles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks guys! Well not sure, I've got a grill guard comming in now, I want some HID lights and a light bar, and smoked out taillights and yeah man I'll post more pics of the front in alittle bit, I'm drivin my truck right now but I'll be back at the house in about an hour
RobbieWheeles is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 511
Toms95yj

Way to prove youre nothing but an asshat. Look dude you seem to know a lot congratulations. But you still obviously dont know enough. Your "AMC" engine yea well Chrysler bought out that company in 87 so unless you did a motor swap to a pre 87 engine then you dont have an AMC engine. Here is why I say it, the original engineering was done by AMC, in 87 changes were made to the Renix system...87 is also the year that Chrysler bought out AMC as previously stated, then in 91 the engine was redesigned yet again this is when you got the Chrysler 4.0 H.O. which im going to assume you have that or maybe the 2.5 either of which were being produced by Chrysler by 95 not a company that no longer existed.
Plastic grill by your basis any jeep with a plastic grill is not a real jeep. Are you aware they make plastic grills for yjs and steel ones for jks? Are you aware that the jeep cherokee you know that 2 or 4 door boxed unibody thing with coils in front and leafs in the rear that was produced a couple years before the YJ and is considered by many to be a real jeep eventually came from the factory with a plastic grill????
Lets discuss a real jeep...what makes you think yours is a real jeep. Its not a willys, its not a military jeep. In fact yours is known to be the jeep wrongler because of the square headlights which is different from the original jeeps.
Who cares which engine it has, or how much he is paying, when you take a stock jk and a stock yj and compare them for capabilities the jk wins hands down. You want to compare your modified yj to a basically stock jk go ahead continue to be that ****** that youve proved to everyone you are.
I understand you have pride in your jeep everyone does, but you dont have to put someone down because they bought a new one. They are keeping the heritage alive and you shoukd appreciate that.

To the op I apologize for the derailment. Like I said trim your fenders and bumper that opens you up for more articulation as well as in my opinion a better look. After that wheel it and upgrade what you need. You'll figure out what you need/want pretty quick.
Jam86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
Psycho-X-Jeep
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 286
Ok, i gotta break up this drama with a little comedic relief. Here is my favorite modification to date: A "panty" scented air freshener for the rear view.

__________________
Call me Eddo
09 JKUR - Daily Driver... Prob not for long!
06 Nissan Xterra... Too many mods to list
Psycho-X-Jeep is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
GeckoFun
Member
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bedford, NY
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieWheeles View Post
Thanks guys! Well not sure, I've got a grill guard comming in now, I want some HID lights and a light bar, and smoked out taillights and yeah man I'll post more pics of the front in alittle bit, I'm drivin my truck right now but I'll be back at the house in about an hour
Get JW SPEAKER lights, they would look really sinister in your all black setup.

What front fender is that?
saved2.jpg  
photo-2-.jpg

photo.jpg

GeckoFun is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
blackjeep05
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: mckinney, tx
Posts: 1,424
very nice.
__________________
Soccer six in the mix.
blackjeep05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
blackjeep05
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: mckinney, tx
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Meh, Just another Mall Crawler JKU............ Once it gets some rock rash on the bumpers, frame, wheels, axles, and control arms I will approve then
Not to sound mean but, why does the Jeep gotta be a mall crawler? Just because he might not have plans to tear it up doesn't make it any less of a Jeep. Some people have to work and pay for things for a living and don't have pit crews or a sponsor giving parts left and right to test. Nothing wrong if thats what you want to do but, it doesn't mean someone else has to do the same. Thats all I'm saying.
__________________
Soccer six in the mix.
blackjeep05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,688
Wow a bunch of JK owners getting butthurt in here. Sorry you guys can't take a joke
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86
Toms95yj Way to prove youre nothing but an asshat. Look dude you seem to know a lot congratulations. But you still obviously dont know enough. Your "AMC" engine yea well Chrysler bought out that company in 87 so unless you did a motor swap to a pre 87 engine then you dont have an AMC engine. Here is why I say it, the original engineering was done by AMC, in 87 changes were made to the Renix system...87 is also the year that Chrysler bought out AMC as previously stated, then in 91 the engine was redesigned yet again this is when you got the Chrysler 4.0 H.O. which im going to assume you have that or maybe the 2.5 either of which were being produced by Chrysler by 95 not a company that no longer existed. Plastic grill by your basis any jeep with a plastic grill is not a real jeep. Are you aware they make plastic grills for yjs and steel ones for jks? Are you aware that the jeep cherokee you know that 2 or 4 door boxed unibody thing with coils in front and leafs in the rear that was produced a couple years before the YJ and is considered by many to be a real jeep eventually came from the factory with a plastic grill???? Lets discuss a real jeep...what makes you think yours is a real jeep. Its not a willys, its not a military jeep. In fact yours is known to be the jeep wrongler because of the square headlights which is different from the original jeeps. Who cares which engine it has, or how much he is paying, when you take a stock jk and a stock yj and compare them for capabilities the jk wins hands down. You want to compare your modified yj to a basically stock jk go ahead continue to be that ****** that youve proved to everyone you are. I understand you have pride in your jeep everyone does, but you dont have to put someone down because they bought a new one. They are keeping the heritage alive and you shoukd appreciate that. To the op I apologize for the derailment. Like I said trim your fenders and bumper that opens you up for more articulation as well as in my opinion a better look. After that wheel it and upgrade what you need. You'll figure out what you need/want pretty quick.
The is 4.2 is a AMC engine it is not the 4.0l not renix it has a carb. If it was a Chrysler engine why do all of the AMC 258 parts interchange directly. Were parts from the 4.0 won't. Oh that's right it's cause it's an AMC engine. So continue your reading on Wikipedia where half the info is wrong !
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
The is 4.2 is a AMC engine it is not the 4.0l not renix it has a carb. If it was a Chrysler engine why do all of the AMC 258 parts interchange directly. Were parts from the 4.0 won't. Oh that's right it's cause it's an AMC engine. So continue your reading on Wikipedia where half the info is wrong !
Actually I was under the assumption you had a 95yj due to your username. But im glad you can read...
Jam86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #27
06flex
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 646
image.jpg
__________________
Stu website supporter. http://www.stu-offroad.com/
One of the best jeep websites out there for reference. If you can help please do.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/environment.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You didn't correct the problem, you only worked around the real problem.
06flex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #28
06flex
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 646
Good looking jeep. Everyone owns their jeep for their own reasons. My wife owned a 2007 two door. We wheeled it completely stock with street tires. It went everywhere my mildly....built 2006 lj went. It actually was a blast for her. It took more skill to wheel it in stock form. I could basically point my lj in the direction I wanted to go and four low would do the rest. She had more fun picking the best line and interacting with her spotter ....me . You should do what makes you happy. If you don't know already, what other people think should not matter to your true happiness.
__________________
Stu website supporter. http://www.stu-offroad.com/
One of the best jeep websites out there for reference. If you can help please do.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/environment.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You didn't correct the problem, you only worked around the real problem.
06flex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
RobbieWheeles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks guys, I'm defiantly liking the ideas for this, I'll try to upload more pictures later, like I said I'm all new Into the jeep life, I'm only 17 and my birthday is next week and this is what my dad got me, I've got it in the shop right now, I've got a store putting a touch screen radio and 2 10's in the back right now, I get it back tomorrow
RobbieWheeles is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
mwmoon
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grifton, N.C.
Posts: 227
Nice looking Jeep. I'm less than a week away from owning a black JKU that looks very similar to that one. (I'll post some pics as soon as I get it.)
mwmoon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.