Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JK 2-Door Wrangler Pizza Cutters Pics (33-35 x 9.5-11.5 x r15-16)

29K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  baron 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I know, kill me if the title of the thread is too detailed. here the deal, though. In my pursuit to find the perfect tire for my 09 2-Door Rubi, I think I have "narrowed" (get it?) it down to the traditional pizza cutter for myriad reasons.

First, I like the look, especially on non-factory rims like Mickey Thompson II's.

Second, I like the trail performance.

Third, I like the lighter tire/wheel set-up that would seem to wear less on all the components (i.e brakes), offer more power for the Jeep, and perhaps even lead to better mpg's.

Yes, I know that there is a point with the pizza-cutter set-up in which you would surpass the weight of the factory wheels and tires (which is roughly 72 lbs for the 17" MOAB Rubi wheel/tire combo), but it seems that you can shed some weight, particularly with the 15x8 aluminum wheel along with a 33x 9-5-11.5 inch tire. Am I making sense, or did I have one too many last night?

Anyway, post 'em if you got em. Would love to see all the 2-dr JK's with the skinny tires. Any commentary on performance is also greatly appreciated.

I know that a similar thread already exists, but many are TJ's and it would be great if we could consolidate 2-dr pizza-cutter JK's into one place.

Thanks!:2thumbsup:

See less See more
#13 ·
Is there any JK's out there???

I am dying to see some JK pics...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#16 ·
You might consider the Wrangler Duratracs then... they come in a bunch of metric sizes that I don't remember weight specs for, but they're LIGHT for the awesome performance they have - 48lbs for 33x12.5r15 - most MTs that size are 60-70lbs.

#18 ·
Heres some 32s I think they are 10.5s but could be 9.5s. This is 5cents jeep. They are crager soft 8s. 16x8

That's the beginnings of a sweet Jeep. :laugh:

To the OP, I sent you a PM but forgot to add........be careful getting 15" rims on the JK some fit and others don't. That's why I ended up getting 16" Crager Soft 8's because so many people confirmed they fit. :cheers:

#19 ·
I dont want to hijack the thread but i got a question for you guys runnin skinny tires, do you feel you get better gas mileage? I wanna put pizza cutters on my jeep, and its not the primary cost that is gonna get me, its gonna be the cost every 2 weeks for my jeeps drinking problem.

#22 ·
looks like there's some good interest in this thread...let's keep the pics comin!:2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.