Jeeps With 6 wheels - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Jeeps With 6 wheels

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 05-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
SophomoreJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepoffroad18 View Post
i think this topic is extremely interesting... some very cool jeeps ive never seen!!
Agreed

SophomoreJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

you know what, after seeing all the six wheeled jeeps....after the original photo, i've changed my mind. they're sweet. i still don't see a practical use anymore (with the exception of the cj2) but I like

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
grogie
Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Jeep owners these days know nothing about history.

When the CJs first came out they were marketed for farm use. There was a dually option on the CJ2a that helped give better traction when working in the fields. Come on people. Learn some stuff.

Wow! What a treasure that would be to have.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #19
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jeep owners these days know nothing about history.

When the CJs first came out they were marketed for farm use. There was a dually option on the CJ2a that helped give better traction when working in the fields. Come on people. Learn some stuff.
Very true There's alot of history in the Jeeps. Alot more than just military use which most people associate them with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublebarr View Post
How cool is that! Even has a PTO! I can imagine using one of these today to pull a finish mower set up and enjoying doing the chore, instead of using my "itty bitty" antique MF tractor
If you search some there was a very wide range of farm accessories that were made for the Willys. They were marketed to do the same chores as a tractor but still be able to drive you to town after a hard days work!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickagr View Post

I have no idea why you would wanna see one of these. But here you go. off google.
Crazy!

I was thinking about how years and years ago while Driving down mainstreet in Concord NH one night I saw a jeep that looked like that. I remembered the massive bumpers and everything.

Then I saw the NH license plate. Then I saw the "Concord used cars" sign.

Crazy, I seen that jeep for a passing moment back when I was in high school.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #21
EugeneTheTJ
You want some respect?

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
Very true There's alot of history in the Jeeps. Alot more than just military use which most people associate them with.
Another reason for the link in my sig
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #22
jersey_zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jersey_zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #23
Carves
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Found this one on a Sth. Am. ??? link a while back ... whilst looking for 4dr CJ pics.
6x6-cj.jpg  
Carves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #24
TRLWGN1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This jeep was from Chicago
He used to be a member of Two Rivers Jeep Club. I have wheeled with it.
Duals rears wasn't my thing, but the owner was pretty proud of the conversion and it did ok. Was definitely different.
TRLWGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #25
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My Jeep has six wheels. Four on the ground, a spare, and one for steering.

EDIT: Not something I would do but I do like seeing "out of the box" jeeps
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
nickagr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Crazy!

I was thinking about how years and years ago while Driving down mainstreet in Concord NH one night I saw a jeep that looked like that. I remembered the massive bumpers and everything.

Then I saw the NH license plate. Then I saw the "Concord used cars" sign.

Crazy, I seen that jeep for a passing moment back when I was in high school.
NICE!
I will say some of the jeeps shown in this thread are pretty dang cool.

CHECK OUT AND LIKE OUR GROUPS PAGE AT
http://www.facebook.com/Twisted.Axles
nickagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #27
jeeprubi2005
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i know where there is a cj with a backhoe and duel wheels a little town in pa called oneida
jeeprubi2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
merckx9
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I saw the Super Six up close at the PA Jeep Show in York and the Qtec tent sale if I remember right. Those pictures don't do it justice. It was sweet. A good deal of time, effort and money went into that one (just like my own and almost everbody else's rig on here!)
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
Ekbrown37
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool history lesson guys, Jeeps have come a long way. But the purpose of a Jeep has always been the same. So sick!
Ekbrown37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #30
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLWGN1 View Post
This jeep was from Chicago
He used to be a member of Two Rivers Jeep Club. I have wheeled with it.
Duals rears wasn't my thing, but the owner was pretty proud of the conversion and it did ok. Was definitely different.
doesnt seem like it would have much purpose, other than a way fat footprint.

seems like it would be more of a hinderance than advantage...not like hes putting a lot of weight into it

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.