Jeep TJ/LJ's with OME 2.5" HD Lift and 1.25 JKS BL on 33's? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Jeep TJ/LJ's with OME 2.5" HD Lift and 1.25 JKS BL on 33's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
RUkered
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ with the setup. I also have a 3/4" spacer up front which my buddy had when I bought the kit from him. Probably not necessary with the lack of weight up front, but I threw it on anyway.

RUkered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #17
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys.. do you think i could run 35's with the ome 2.5 kit with a jks 1.25 bl and trim the fenders?
Unread 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #18
SnowYJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'd say yes with the correct bumpstopping and such
Unread 03-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #19
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ok so do the correct bumpstops come with the ome kit or do you have to buy them seperate? also who sells them if not?
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #20
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I got the ultimate kit from DPG Offroad. It included the correct bump stops for 33" tires. But I bet if you talked to Dirk, he could set you up with what you need. In fact, his website says something to the effect under the ultimate kit of fits 35" tires with slight modifications.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4lover View Post
hey guys.. do you think i could run 35's with the ome 2.5 kit with a jks 1.25 bl and trim the fenders?

lots of lj's and tj's over on rubicon owners forum are running that setup. i would have to if i didn't sell my tj

build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...1/#post8930381
stoneytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
ljs89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here is mine on 2" HD OME springs and 1" BL.... But im running 37x12.5x17 Pro Comp Xtreme Muds

Unread 03-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

I considered running 35's but I should be plenty happy with 33's especially as im not looking to setup gears any time soon. Thanks for the headsup on DPG Off-Road! I have been piecing the "Ultimate" kit together myself and its pretty expensive but they have a nice deal on everything. For those who are interested

OME TJ/LJ Kits

Cool stuff, thanks for the heads up!

RockZJ

Its the simple things that count- like balloons and honey.
RockZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by
both jeeps are on the ome 2.5 hd lift with the same 1.25 jks bl

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2945124300101498847vzWAmJ
[/URL]
Do you have anymore pics of the white jeep? they appear to be mtz's and that is what i have on the way!
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #25
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4lover View Post
Do you have anymore pics of the white jeep? they appear to be mtz's and that is what i have on the way!

i will have to dig em up. thats the wife's rig, she doesn't wheel as much. might have some vids but thats about it.

she really like the tires thou, wont let me upgrade em to 35" km2's. i have never had to strap her in her entire wheeling career. she is unstoppable in the mud and snow.

build thread
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sounds good bro. and im guessing those are 35's? and do u think u would be fine with 35's if u trimmed the flares
4x4lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #27
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

nope they are 33's

i looked around on the computer and i dont have any other pictures of her jeep with the 33's on(don't tell her that!).

build thread
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Outdoorsman View Post
Here ya go.... 285 75 r16.... OME 2.5" with JKS 1.25" BL.... I love the setup!

How do you feel about that gap between the slider and the body. Do you have any more pictures that might show it better. I'm debating between a 2" lift + BL or a 3" lift. I see alot of benefits to the 2" + BL setup but I am concerned about how it will look with my Jeeperman skidz. It looks like that may be what you have as well.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #29
Gr8_Outdoorsman

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
How do you feel about that gap between the slider and the body. Do you have any more pictures that might show it better. I'm debating between a 2" lift + BL or a 3" lift. I see alot of benefits to the 2" + BL setup but I am concerned about how it will look with my Jeeperman skidz. It looks like that may be what you have as well.
The gap doesn't bother me at all. Now if it were 2 or 3 inches I'm sure it would quite a bit! I don't have the Jeeperman skidz, so I can't really help you with how it will look.

I think the primary reason that the 1" BL gap doesn't bother is the benefits that it provides. I have yet to hear/see of a lift that will give you the ride quality that the OME 2.5" lift provides. To use 33" tires on that setup, you don't have many options without adding the 1" BL. My priorities were ride quality #1, lift height #2.... I drive 200 miles each way to my camp every weekend. So something that handles well was a must.

With that being said, this setup best suits me. You may find that another arrangement better suits your needs. That's what I love about this forum, plenty of "real-world" applications of our Jeep accessories.

Good Luck on your decision!!!
Gr8_Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #30
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Outdoorsman View Post
The gap doesn't bother me at all. Now if it were 2 or 3 inches I'm sure it would quite a bit! I don't have the Jeeperman skidz, so I can't really help you with how it will look.

I think the primary reason that the 1" BL gap doesn't bother is the benefits that it provides. I have yet to hear/see of a lift that will give you the ride quality that the OME 2.5" lift provides. To use 33" tires on that setup, you don't have many options without adding the 1" BL. My priorities were ride quality #1, lift height #2.... I drive 200 miles each way to my camp every weekend. So something that handles well was a must.

With that being said, this setup best suits me. You may find that another arrangement better suits your needs. That's what I love about this forum, plenty of "real-world" applications of our Jeep accessories.

Good Luck on your decision!!!
Thanks. I drive long distances with my Jeep too. (Its about a 1000 mile drive to the mountains for vacation to do any wheeling.) So handling is a must for me as well. That's why I'm also considering this setup. I just have some concerns about how that gap looks. I know its a trivial thing, but I sometimes get really hung up on the details. Your Jeep does look good though, and I think I would likely get used to the gap in a week or two and not even notice it. But right now I'm just trying to make the best choice. So any additional pictures would still be appreciated. Thanks.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.