Jeep TJ/LJ's with OME 2.5" HD Lift and 1.25 JKS BL on 33's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Jeep TJ/LJ's with OME 2.5" HD Lift and 1.25 JKS BL on 33's?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 02-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Jeep TJ/LJ's with OME 2.5" HD Lift and 1.25 JKS BL on 33's?

Hey guys, did my searching but am looking for a more specific set of pictures. I have an 04 LJ and im looking to do the OME 2.5" HD Spring Lift and the JKS 1.25" BL. Im building everything for a LCG so I wont have to mess with much when I eventually hi-line it and slap some axles and bigger tires under her. For the time being im looking to get my AEV's and 33" KM2's under the LJ but want to hear/see some input/pics of the setup. I will be adding a winch and bumpers here shortly so ill likely have to add a spacer up front. Thanks in advance guys!

RockZJ

Its the simple things that count- like balloons and honey.
RockZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Been searching the LJ picture thread and im getting some good ideas! Search feature brought up some stuff earlier as well. Cant wait!

RocKZJ

Unread 02-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Found this LJ on OK4WD's website. OME Lift and 33" BFG's. I can definitely see why everyone does the 1" BL

Unread 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Anyone?

RockZJ

Unread 02-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Noobicon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm looking do do exacltly what you are planning, just not gotten very far yet, I hope to be buying my lift this summer. From what I've seen lots of guys do the 1" BL to allow a Tummy Tuck belly pan(like the Rokmen one)to be installed later on.
Noobicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Gr8_Outdoorsman

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here ya go.... 285 75 r16.... OME 2.5" with JKS 1.25" BL.... I love the setup!

Gr8_Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

That is perfect! Its exactly how I envisioned it. How does it ride though? I would assume like a wet dream but I would love to hear some input. Thanks a ton for sharing. I think your pushing me towards doing this on mine. Hows the clearance with the tires?

Noobicon, you got it man! I plan on doing that before I head out to Moab this spring

RockZJ

Unread 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Gr8_Outdoorsman

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The ride is great, I couldn't be happier with how well it rides. It is much better than the stock suspension was. The tire clearance seems to be just right, any larger and they would rub the fenders. I had to try really hard, but I did get barely get these to rub one time. Also, I put two washers behind my steering stops to keep the tires from rubbing the lower control arms.

I have a Warn XD9000i winch on the front bumper now and I haven't noticed much sag. As it stands, I don't plan to put on any coil spacers.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the setup. I bought all of the components through Northridge 4x4. They had the lowest prices and their service was good.

Good luck!
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Excellent! Now did you get the HD setup or what? I was looking for the heavy load one for added weight like a winch, tire out back, gear etc

RockZJ

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
RockZJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Gr8, you werent kidding on the prices! That heavy load OME lift is barely 670 shipped. Cant beat that! Thanks for the advice, ill be placing the order here shortly.

RockZJ

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
Gr8_Outdoorsman

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeppers,,,, The HD setup all the way..... Even without the winch to load up the springs, the ride was great....

On another note, I went ahead and replaced my steering stabilizer last week with the OME one and I noticed an improvement in bump steer over the stock one. It is significantly larger in diameter than the stock one was. Now when I hit a pothole, I get very little steer...
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Gr8_Outdoorsman

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to help,,,,, If you click on my profile you'll see all the components that I put on at once (track bars, discos, MML, etc...).... I purchased it all at the same time and was glad that I did. I'm not a big fan of going back and forth and piecing it all together.

Good luck!!! The install wasn't that bad at all. It was my first time to do this type of work myself and so far so good!
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

04 swb rubi, 2.5 ome hd springs with jks 1.25 body lift

both jeeps are on the oome 2.5 hd lift with the same 1.25 jks bl

build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...1/#post8930381
stoneytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

my tj rode like a caddy after the install, the wife loves her lift too. i didn't have much extra weight on it and she still roade better then anyother sus. system i have run on a tj or lj

build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...1/#post8930381
stoneytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

OME 2.5" lift with 1.25" JKS BL and 33x12.50 KM2s
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.