Jeep TJ 4 cyl. with no lift and 33 inch tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Jeep TJ 4 cyl. with no lift and 33 inch tires

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
dvroty

Jeep TJ 4 cyl. with no lift and 33 inch tires

Does anyone have a Jeep TJ that's a 4 cylinder with no lift riding on 33's? I'm thinking about upgrading from 31's, and I want to see how it'd look. BTW, I have no lift-stock. If you wouldn't mind posting some pics....

dvroty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
jrallen

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You'll find out real quickly why many people say it's a requirement to have 3" or 4" of lift to run 33" tires. You can physically put them on your jeep with no lift, but hitting the smallest bump will rip your plastic fender flares off. If you adjust your bumpstops to keeps that from happening, you'll end up with almost no uptravel whatsoever, and make your jeep near useless. If you want to stay low and run a larger tire, you'll be trimming a ton of sheet metal to get everything to jive.

Right, cheap, or easy, you only get two.
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
squirrelrocket
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2.4 Liter 4 cylinder, 1" body lift, 1" trimmed off of fender flares, 33's on a 17" rim. It was drivable, kinda....

I added a 1.5" budget boost up front and stuffed the coil springs full of tennis balls (cheap bumpstops) so that I could wheel it for a weekend.

The tires rubbed and hit everything possible. It did put a smile on my face though, and it survived 3 days of Rausch with no detrimental breakage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.