Jeep Brute? Anyone? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Jeep Brute? Anyone?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #256
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptra View Post
question, wheres the spare tire go on these things?
Wherever you want

Some people have mounted them on the back bumper - for example (although these are 40" tires so looks a little excessive!)

Other option is inside the bed, vertical against the front wall, but cutting out part of the floor to drop it down...

(That's the Nukizer Jeep built with a TJ Brute bed)

Personally, I plan to do whatever it takes to get my ARB rear swing out to mount. Width looks okay, but I think I'm going to have to raise the tailgate hinges, and trim the tailgate down, and make a filler piece, because the ARB overlaps a lot of the tub...

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #257
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Thought you guys might like this Photoshop of what I'm planning

Before:

After:

Added the front bumper, rear bumper (modified extended wrap-around), rear spare tire, Light Bars and Snorkel off my Jeep. Added a sunroof cut-out, rack and roof top tent, and a sliding tonnau cover.

Can't wait to get started
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #258
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

2 weeks ago out side my hotel.

I love driving that thing! Now I want to build a TJ brute! My wife is going to devorce me.... I wonder if I build one if I can just keep it at the office with out the guys abusing it....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #259
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
2 weeks ago out side my hotel.

I love driving that thing! Now I want to build a TJ brute! My wife is going to devorce me.... I wonder if I build one if I can just keep it at the office with out the guys abusing it....
I am sure Ron will allow you to keep it at Adams ............

I still can't get over when John told me he wheels his black YJ that was on 39" irocs when it had a D35
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #260
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Adams wants to get a few brutes. I don't work for adams anymore.

My office is in Wixom Michigan .......

Yeah John's a great guy but some of the things he did with the jeeps he's owned we're risky. If he had a set of rears as back up then it would have been fine... But that's wasn't ever the case. Lol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #261
98GP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That JK Brute is a great looking vehicle!

I wish Jeep would take up production on it, but I am sure they would screw it up to where it would look nothing like the AEV.
98GP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #262
LJDIRT
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Here's a wanna B
20120926_125048.jpg  
LJDIRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #263
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I love that double cab so much.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #264
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Double Cab looks great, but it takes the best part of the Jeep, the break over angle and departure angle and makes it worse.

Then it adds a truck bed, which is good, but it's to small, and now you have a 4 door truck with a small bed that you can't use for very much, it's not a diesel truck so your not going to want to use it as a tow rig.

That being said I still like it, it's still cool, but I don't see them leaving the pavement very often. Not that they wouldn't do well off road, just the fact that your spending what $50,000 and it wont do as well off road as a standard JK and it can only be used as a light truck sooooo yeah.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #265
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Remember that these are meant to be expo rigs, not hardcore trail rigs. It fits that bill for light wheeling and trail riding in the wilderness.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #266
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Remember that the owner will use them for whatever use they want, no mater how or who they are marketed towards. The more uses, the higher probability for the more users to buy.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #267
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post

The Double Cab looks great, but it takes the best part of the Jeep, the break over angle and departure angle and makes it worse.

Then it adds a truck bed, which is good, but it's to small, and now you have a 4 door truck with a small bed that you can't use for very much, it's not a diesel truck so your not going to want to use it as a tow rig.

That being said I still like it, it's still cool, but I don't see them leaving the pavement very often. Not that they wouldn't do well off road, just the fact that your spending what $50,000 and it wont do as well off road as a standard JK and it can only be used as a light truck sooooo yeah.
There are people out there that need to carry more than what you can put in a standard Jeep, but would find a full size truck simply too big for where they want to go. The Double Cab Brute would do better off road than most full size trucks, while carrying everything you need to for an extended trip, while still looking good and having that Jeep character.

Then there's people like me that never really liked the JK platform jeep until they saw the Brute double cab.

I think AEV will do well with it

I'm doing the TJ brute conversion and yes it's going to mean a worse break-over angle and a worse departure angle, but at the moment when we go to the desert I am cramming in stuff so tightly and it's a pain to unload everything to get to what's at the front of the cargo area, plus I'm carrying 4 jerry cans quite high.

We will be building a custom sub-tank under the body for extra fuel in the extra space that the frame-stretch gives us, which will do away with the need for all the jerry cans. Then I'll have a larger cargo area where things can be better organised and secured and readily accessible.

The vehicle will also be long enough now for a shade awning on the side.

I'm trading off that break-over angle and departure angle for increased usability and a lower centre of gravity. And later on, when I can do the AiRock suspension, I'll be able to get back that break-over angle when necessary.
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #268
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

I drove 3 of the Double Cabs over Easter Jeep Safari. Here's a video. I was not disappointed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #269
SeniorVerde
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone notice that AEV shows TJ Brute kits out of stock?
Wonder if that's for now or forever since the JK Double cab is in the spotlight.
I've got everything for my TJ Brute except the bed.
I was doing it a la cart as money allowed but wasn't sure if I wanted to drop $5k on the bed; I could buy another wrecked TJ for that much and combine the butts of both jeeps for a bed and have extra parts!
SeniorVerde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #270
Splinter189

love my brute, I have wanted one for years. I found the perfect one
ijeep-brute-ls1.jpg  
Splinter189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.