JCR Bumpers, lets see them! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > JCR Bumpers, lets see them!

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think that depends on which bumper you get, the regular bumper and the stubby bumper let you mount fog lights near the stock location, as for the new Dagger series, you can't mount fog lights.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsalani View Post
I like the center hoop of the pre runner better.... but can you mount lights on the pre-runner in the same location as the stock bumper??

The "Hoop Leaned Fwd" is the same hoop as the center hoop of the Prerunner.

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
JCro99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here is mine. Pre Runner.

Shipped nicely!!

Unpackaged

Primer

Originally went with black semigloss but it was "too" black. It really made the other faded black parts on the jeep look even more faded.

I sanded the semigloss and tried black hammertone and like it a lot better.

'05 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi
JCro99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
bckarpman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good Mine will be here tomorrow . I bought the same one, same color Jeep to. I might be taking the semi gloss back and getting the hammer tone . Also ordered Antirocks .might as well get them on first, how do you like them? Nobody says not to get em. See you left the sway bar cover on, might think about that to, did you cut them back?
bckarpman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
JCro99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckarpman View Post
Looks good Mine will be here tomorrow . I bought the same one, same color Jeep to. I might be taking the semi gloss back and getting the hammer tone . Also ordered Antirocks .might as well get them on first, how do you like them? Nobody says not to get em. See you left the sway bar cover on, might think about that to, did you cut them back?
I thought the hammertone was waaay better looking than the semi gloss, but it is more of a dark grey than black. It is pretty cool, in the direct sun it almost matches the body color (khaki) and in the garage looks like a nice black. Like I mentioned, the semi gloss black was just kinda too shiny. It really made the bumper stand out as "new and shiny", but in doing so, made the rest of the front look a little old and faded. Depends what you are going for I guess.

I installed the anti rock at the same time too, came the same day as the bumper. I left the cover on because it was kinda just ugly underneath without it. The frame was off color/rusty where the stock sway bar mounted and along with the body lift, it just didn't look very good without the cover. Had to push down pretty good to get it under the bumper. Only used the 2 front screws to re mount it, left the rear screws out and that helped to get it into a position to tuck under the new bumper. Also had to notch out two 1" squares where the winch bolts will go through. 5-10 min of extra work, no big deal and its looks better in my opinion.

Hardest part of the whole thing was getting the torsion bar through the plastic endcaps. Bumper went on like butta!!!

'05 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi
JCro99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #36
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

man thats nice with the anti rock .. really bad ***
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

not to hijack or anything.... how about rear bumper?? I am looking at the JCR one for the TJ but wondering how the hitch receiver works?? do you put the pin in behind the bumper?? doesn't it hit the fuel tank?
jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #38
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsalani View Post
not to hijack or anything.... how about rear bumper?? I am looking at the JCR one for the TJ but wondering how the hitch receiver works?? do you put the pin in behind the bumper?? doesn't it hit the fuel tank?
Yes, you put the hitch pin in behind the bumper, it will hit the crossmember, not the tank. It is a high profile bumper. You will most likely have to drill a new hole in the hitch to mount it, but that won't hurt anything. If you think that it is too weak, you are most likely hauling something that is too heavy for your Jeep anyways, here are some pics for ya. Hope this helps!
8613490587_494d6938b0_z.jpg   8613489599_2a3092be1c_z.jpg  

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #39
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I like this thread, I like those guys, and I like their stuff. When I finally get a chance to put more than maintenance into mine that's the route i'm heading.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #40
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

For you guys painting, check out "Satin black". It's in the middle between Semi Gloss and Flat. We use it for more of our product displayed on our website!

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #41
BlueGerbil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 04-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #42
burtha95xj
2002 WJ 

forumrunner_20130405_065846.jpg

forumrunner_20130405_065818.jpg

The DIY kit
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #43
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

BlueGerbil

Your new XJ looks great!!!

Your old XJ was one of the BEST XJ EVER!!!!!!!! I was a huge fan

The new XJ is starting to look really awesome .. I have check it out a several times (wait for it ... wait for it ) Glad to see this thing getting up to speed cant wait.
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #44
Porscheguy

If you are worried about drilling a hole in your jeep, then maybe you shouldn't own a jeep.

JCR 1 ton steering

JCR custom front bumper made to my specs

Jeep in current form

Last edited by Porscheguy; 04-05-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Porscheguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #45
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

DIY Front and rear

Dirt22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.