I'd like to see dark blue Wranglers with custom wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I'd like to see dark blue Wranglers with custom wheels

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
texascc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to see dark blue Wranglers with custom wheels

I'm trying to decide on a set of wheels and don't know what will look better. I'm looking at black Cragars as well as different styles of polished or silver wheels. I have a blue 2006 Unlimited and don't know if the black wheels will look right on my Jeep. The grey fenders and top don't help either. I'd like to make those black somehow. Any pictures of dark blue Jeeps with rims would be appreciated. Thanks.

texascc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's two of mine, black Cragar V5. If you want more there are plenty in my build thread. The best way to make the fenders black is to use Krylon Fusion paint on them, I did it on mine. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by goldswim5; 05-19-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: one more pic
goldswim5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
masedd
2002 TJ Wrangler 

with black
masedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
masedd
2002 TJ Wrangler 

With chrome
masedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
texascc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. I like the black wheels better, but they both look good. I wasn't sure they would look right against the dark blue, but they look REALLY good. Thanks.

What size rim and tire size are the black wheels? What size lift do you have? I just bought my first Jeep three weeks ago and am itching to start fixing it up!
Unread 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mine are 33x13.5x15 tires on 15x10 rims, about 5" lift (RC 4", Ford 8.8, leveling spacers in the front)
Unread 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
texascc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Is it your daily driver? I drive mine everyday either to work or taking our kids somewhere, and it's usually on the highway. How does it ride now and did it effect your gas mileage much?
Unread 05-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It was for a long time, it isn't right now because I have access to a 2wd Cherokee that gets better mileage, but it will be again eventually. I still take it out topless on nice days. The gears aren't matched to the tires so I lost power and mileage there but it is still very good on the street. Mileage is about 13-15mpg. Ride is rougher than stock but not bad at all.
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #9
mjrandall
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I personally think they look the best when you've got something that contrasts with them. For example, masedd's dark blue Jeep (very nice, by the way) looks good with black wheels because his white letters on the tires are turned out. If they were turned in, there would not be as much contrast and may make it look dull. Some people like it all black (hehe), but I'd rather have a little contrast. Just my .02, though.
Jeep: A four-wheel drive vehicle of one-half- to one-and-one-half-ton capacity for reconnaissance or other army duty. A term applied to the bantam-cars, and occasionally to other motor vehicles (U.S.A.) in the Air Corps, the Link Trainer; in the armored forces, the -ton command vehicle. Also referred to as "any small plane, helicopter, or gadget."
mjrandall is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.