I want to see Jeeps that look like they could survive a zombie apocalypse! - Page 115 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I want to see Jeeps that look like they could survive a zombie apocalypse!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #1711
Zcrack
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome

Then they aren't Jerry cans. My point still stands.
Well played my friend... Well played

Zcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #1712
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcrack View Post
Well played my friend... Well played
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #1713
WSS
Web Wheeler
1972 CJ5 

It may not be true, but a "Jerry" can is referring to gas cans used by the nazi's. A slang term for a German soldier, kinda like a "Tommy" or "Joe". If true, then only a German Military fuel can would qualify as a "Jerry can", plastic or steel. IF TRUE.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #1714
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
It may not be true, but a "Jerry" can is referring to gas cans used by the nazi's. A slang term for a German soldier, kinda like a "Tommy" or "Joe". If true, then only a German Military fuel can would qualify as a "Jerry can", plastic or steel. IF TRUE.
That may have been the origination of the word. We used cans that were very similar to the German versions. Of course, our cans may have been copies of earlier German versions.

However, the word today just applies to five-gallon upright metal fuel cans.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #1715
jo_burg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane7962 View Post
Not a Jeep. But

This's around the corner from where I live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster425 View Post
The Buffel. Been in service since I was a kid. Unimog chassis. These things sell for $10 - 25k. Had one tow me out of the Vaal Dam about 10 years ago - got my brothers red Wrangler stuck.

Another South African contender, the RG32 - comes standard with portal axles.
jo_burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #1716
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

At first I thought the RG32 was $10-25k and I was wondering where I could sign up.

Tags
zombie

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.