i wanna see your dirtbikes - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > i wanna see your dirtbikes

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
Goobersbro

Yeap I totally agree with the above also on a sportbike I can speed up, stop, and move out of the way a lot faster than I can on a cruiser

Last edited by Goobersbro; 02-15-2010 at 07:56 PM..
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #47
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
You may like the saying, but it is far from true... More Harley riders have louder pipes than Sportbike riders and yet the HD riders have more accidents...
Welp I dont see how it could be far from true...This saying is what some people live by so I'm sticking with it.
stratons_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #48
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:

If you have grown up around bikes your whole lifel like me than you would know the truth...

This comment really makes me laugh, thanks!.

...more HD riders get hurt than sportbikers...

I want to see you provide statics from a credited source that more Harley Davidson (HD) riders get hurt compared to sportbike riders...understanding that you are saying HD riders...not ALL cruisers. I searched the web, and couldn't find anything close to this.

btw more yuppie, wantabie, inexperience riders buy HDs than sportbikes, so again the likely hood of more accidents are there...

I agree that more Yuppies probably buy Harleys rather than a sportbike, but I have to disagree that wannabe's and inexperienced riders would buy a HD rather than a sportbike. For starters, the mere price comparison is normally a major factor which leads to the younger, less experienced/matured riders purchasing a sport bike for their first bike or two, three, etc (depending how many they crash...). Secondly, most of the first time riders I have seen, met, talked to are somewhat scared to start riding. They have either known people that has crashed, been killed, etc., or they have seen/read enough about it on the news to have a sence of fear. Therefore knowing that they stand a very high chance at "dumping/dropping/crashing" I feel they would rather buy a cheaper, lighter weight bike than a Harley to start out on...be it a cruiser (non-Harley) or sportbike.

but hey talk to people from both camps and do some research...

I own/ride both...and have for many years.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread....

X2

Responses are in red...

Oh, BTW I dig the 525EXC and the aprilia RSV ya got there!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #49
crf450ish
1991 XJ Cherokee 

my 06' CRF450 like one day after i got it. got it a year ago brand new for 4k.

and my 07' YFZ450
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #50
HKB3
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxtrails View Post
love the aprilia supermoto! been thinking about getting some sort of supermoto for me and the wife to play on since she just sold her f4i. had my eye on the ktm 450smr but that sxv looks sexy! is that the 450 or 550?
its a 550
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #51
95YJI6
1995 YJ Wrangler 

heres my 02 cr125 way too much to list

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #52
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

i had an 03 CRF450r pro racer, bored over, completely gone through had more mods than you shake a stick at, then i sold it what an ******* i am.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #53
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here are the last three dirt bikes I bought. The 85 SX is for my youngest son. The 300 XC is for my oldest son. And the 505 XCF is mine.

Unread 02-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
02gixxersix
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You may like the saying, but it is far from true... More Harley riders have louder pipes than Sportbike riders and yet the HD riders have more accidents...

There is noise then here is annoying HD noise... my opinion is that HDs are a waste of metal... but hey I am only a Squid, what do I know

another reason I ride the dirt more... a lot safer period...

Amen.........but I do not mind Harleys that much. Just some of the dicks that ride them.

And my "dirt bike"

Black 2000 TJ Sport - NV3550 - 30/44 w/ 3.73s - Currie Currectlink Steering - 35" ATs (for now) - 2003 engine and tranny swap - XRC8 - Homebrew Winch Plate - Uniden Pro520XL - Electric Fan - Lock-right in front
(not installed)
02gixxersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #55
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Seems like a lot more of the Harley riders tend to not wear helmets. Just saying from what I have seen in CT.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #56
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Sold this one a little while ago.

The quad

Unread 02-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #57
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

There is noise then here is annoying HD noise... my opinion is that HDs are a waste of metal... but hey I am only a Squid, what do I know

another reason I ride the dirt more... a lot safer period...

In my opinion sportbikes are a waste of aluminum and fiberglass, but I don't usually tell my people. I know my opinions may rub people the wrong way, that is why I keep them to myself.

I have had both sportbikes, and cruisers. While Harley riders may get in more accidents, what thrillseeker fails to mention are that Cruisers make up for 2/3 of the motorcycles on the road. It's not just Harley Davidson owners, it's the japanese cruisers too. While they, more death related accidents are on rockets. The reason being is common sense.. You put somebody who has no self control, or is ineexperienced on a bike like that and it's a deathwish. I will agree with you about riding on dirt being safer. Then again MX has torn me up.

Quote:
For the noise, sure... I live in the Carefree/Cave Creek area and there is a noise decibel limit of 80... Prior this becoming law (several years) there were several free come and test whether your nosie level was legal or not at Harolds Cafe and other places... HDs, touring, sportbikes as well as dirtbikers had theirs tested and the overwhelming majority that were not legal were HDs... Now the Hideaway is just down the road a bit and there were tons of HDs custom and non that were tested... I also spend a lot of time in SoCal and again louder noise is noticeable with HDs versus other bikes... I am not saying my sportbike or other sportbikes aren't or can't be as loud... but we would have to open up the throttle to make that loud of decibels... HDs have nowhere the throttle to open up like a sportbike, but they are just plain loud without the throttle.... Have you ever heard open headers on a muscle car versus not? there are always exceptions to the rule... you can search the web if you want "Published" articles, studies, etc.... If you have grown up around bikes your whole lifel like me than you would know the truth...

now on the more accidents... again go check the web and accident reports... more HD riders get hurt than sportbikers... maybe it is because more serious sportbikers take it to the track, maybe it is due to the type and expericence of the rider... I guess the fact that there are more HDs/nonsportbikes on the road than sportbikes would also add some creedence that more of those accidents happen as a pure statistic... btw more yuppie, wantabie, inexperience riders buy HDs than sportbikes, so again the likely hood of more accidents are there... but hey talk to people from both camps and do some research... you can make your own decision..

Sorry to have hijacked the thread....

My cousin is an insurance agent for State Farm Insurance he begs to differ. If that were the reason he claims then why are sport bikes so damn expensive to insure? Why is a cruiser for a 23yr old man only $47 a month, when a 600cc sportbike in my name would $208 per month? Seems like me as it's either more of an opinion than fact, or you live in an odd area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSHii View Post
Seems like a lot more of the Harley riders tend to not wear helmets. Just saying from what I have seen in CT.
That just depends on the state law. I never ride without one. I always wear a DOT, and Snell 2000 approved lid. You can't be cheape with helmets and boots. That is one thing I was taught by my grandfather. Those words ring true on so many levels.

I've been riding motorcycles for nearly 20yrs. I've been an AMA Member for nearly as long. I've raced motocross for from ages 5-16. I wasn't very good, but I was slightly better than average. I also did a little bit of flat tracking, and a few hare scrambles. I'm a 4th generation Harley owner, and a former sportbike owner. In fact I have owned more sport bikes than cruisers. I owned both a 2002 GSXR 600, and a 2005 Honda RC51. I enjoyed both bikes, and put on ocer 30k miles between the two.

Cruiser are ultimately safe in my opinion, but then again were at that "my opinion" stuff again. I could go and on about how many reason why I got away from sport bikes, but you could argue it's all opinionated, and vice versa if you were to try and prove sport bikes as safer.

I currently own a 2009 Harley FXDF Fat Bob, and 2003 Yamaha YZ450F. They get me around alright. Even though I can't push the envelope like i used on an MX bike due to prior injuries. I go out, and have fun. If I'm feeling froggy I jump...

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Jake03TJ; 02-15-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #58
honda53rider
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I rode when i was young, but my dad said you are either keeping the Bike or getting a jeep. So i figures you cant pick up chicks on a dirt bike so i sold it for the jeep.

I had a 04 honda CRF230F
[IMG][/IMG]

But now i ride MTBs i have an 09 hard rock with mods
[IMG][/IMG]

But you can still get hurt even if you don't have 250cc between your legs as i found out last spring haha. Hit a tree doing abut 25mph off a 10 foot gap. But the tree put a small gap in the bones in my arm. Took a plate and 10 screw to get it back together!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
2000 TJ 2" pro comp lift, pro comp steering stabiliser,31" mud dawgs, 2 10" kenwoods subs and Sony speakers, OR fab rockers, pro comp rear bumper/ receiver hitch, 4 wheel parts cat back, quick disconnect sway bar. Custom front bumper
honda53rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #59
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

So is this thread about dirt bikes, sport bikes, or cruisers? You should have said we were talking about street bikes, so I could have posted a different picture.

Here are the three bikes I own right now.

The Suzuki M109 has the cruiser segment covered. The Yamaha FZ1 has the sport bike segment covered. And the KTM 505 XCF is my dirt bike.

The KTM is the fastest off the line and has the most instantaneous brutal power, with razor sharp handling. The FZ1 has an electric smooth power band on the low end, but really comes alive above 8000 RPM, and has a scary fast top end speed. The M109 has the all time best power and best powerband ever put in a motorcycle. They're all great bikes, and all totally different from each other.

MoparToYou
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #60
Stormtrooper22
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My 2003 YZ125
image-2763136579.jpg  
Stormtrooper22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.