I wanna see some sleepers - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I wanna see some sleepers

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #121
Knuts
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My nearly stock looking jeep has great lines and is a bit of a sleeper. The fact that there is no body damage would suggest that it is a pavement princess that never gets wheeled. On the contrary, I wheel it quite hard but I like it to look good on the way home also.

p1040580.jpg   p1040577.jpg  
Knuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #122
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuts View Post
My nearly stock looking jeep has great lines and is a bit of a sleeper. The fact that there is no body damage would suggest that it is a pavement princess that never gets wheeled. On the contrary, I wheel it quite hard but I like it to look good on the way home also.
Looks good, but a little big for a 'sleeper'.

On a 3" suspension, 33s, removing the bellybutton (everyone has one) Rubicon sticker, and a beefier front recovery point, then you'd be sleeping like a baby.

WJ (WIFE JEEP) PROJECT COMING SOON
2GPS4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #123
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GPS4ME View Post
Looks good, but a little big for a 'sleeper'.

On a 3" suspension, 33s, removing the bellybutton (everyone has one) Rubicon sticker, and a beefier front recovery point, then you'd be sleeping like a baby.
Yeah, his belly still hangs low. He has Long Arms and a proper AEV highline kit. It looks pretty big for how low it sits. It might get a glance of unnotice, but any car guy would see that something is up with it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #124
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
New Mods XJ isn't a sleeper..... looks at those cuts... it must be a beast.
Agreed, posted my XJ as a reference since his TJ can keep up with me pretty good.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #125
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is my sleeper JK (more of a hot-rod than off-road sleeper).

Other than what is under the hood (RIPPMods Stage 2 Supercharger) & the KC Slim Lites, it is stock.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #126
AndrewBu
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJock View Post
Here is my sleeper JK (more of a hot-rod than off-road sleeper).

Other than what is under the hood (RIPPMods Stage 2 Supercharger) & the KC Slim Lites, it is stock.
now take that jeep, put it on some 33s, lockers front and rear, geared and chromo shafts, with a atlas transfer case, and good adjustable control arms, and pull off the rubicon stickers would be a really nice sleeper.
AndrewBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #127
REDNWHITE

mines not a sleeper yet, but getting there. JkS quick discos, JKS 1.25" body lift, JKS HD Tie Rod, OME Sterring shock, 33"x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs on 15x8 OEM Ravines. In the process of installing the OME 2.5 HD lift with currie johnny joint control arms, ford 8.8 & dana 30 hp locked 4:10 geared, tom woods cv driveshaft with sye, tummy tucked skid plate and gas tank skid. Although the bushwaker flat flares may give it away...

REDNWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #128
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBu View Post
now take that jeep, put it on some 33s, lockers front and rear, geared and chromo shafts, with a atlas transfer case, and good adjustable control arms, and pull off the rubicon stickers would be a really nice sleeper.
Well, it already has lockers front and rear. I've considered 33s, but I think I'll go for 35's for more ground clearance. It is more of a "around the property work-horse"...(towing a trailer, log splitter, pulling felled trees out of the woods, and occasional fun drive down some fire roads). It's a hot-rod sleeper on the street for now.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #129
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

i think overall, mine is a sleeper

2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #130
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
i think overall, mine is a sleeper

really love the color scheme, its classic but still eye-catching without being bright and gaudy. Definite sleeper
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #131
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I believe my CRD is the epitome of the title "Sleeper"!!! 1st, it's a diesel.........now; before you say anything, let me tell you this: about 90% of the people I run across (including Jeep guys) have little to no idea these were ever made. So, kinda like the 5.9 Grands it lurks. 2nd, almost everyone is blown away at the mere fact that I actually wheel the KJ, so imagine their surprise when it truly performs on some fairly difficult trails. Current mods listed below the pics.

I'm currently working on a hidden front reciever to accept a QD winch mount. Also, soon to come will be an upgraded tranny to acceptably hold the planned power increases of an ECM "Hot" program, bigger turbo, and higher hp injectors.

2.5" lift, 31" tires (265/70 A/T's on Moabs or 31" Duratracs on steelies) full custom skids and rock sliders, 8.25 rear w/locker and Yukon HD 1541H shafts, custom HD steel D30 front diff (replaces the weak OEM aluminum junk) with Detroit Trutrac.
New Toy: 2005 Rubihara #111 of 1000
Wife's: 2005 Liberty CRD
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver Reg. Cab Dodge 2500 2wd
5.9 Cummins (lots of mods) dyno proven 550+rwhp
1badxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #132
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. Now that truly is a sleep. Locked, stock look, diesel is

I almost bought a completely destroyed CRD to drop the motor in my last TJ. I still kind of miss that I didn't.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #133
AndrewBu
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJock View Post
Well, it already has lockers front and rear. I've considered 33s, but I think I'll go for 35's for more ground clearance. It is more of a "around the property work-horse"...(towing a trailer, log splitter, pulling felled trees out of the woods, and occasional fun drive down some fire roads). It's a hot-rod sleeper on the street for now.
sorry didnt click to me it has lockers being a rubicon. and i was just trying to give some people here and idea of what a bad *** sleeper would be and urs being pretty stock body and lift wise i though it would make a perfect example.
AndrewBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #134
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
really love the color scheme, its classic but still eye-catching without being bright and gaudy. Definite sleeper
thanks.
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #135
Bearsma
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well,,, ok,,, here's mine. :0/...
2011-10-02_15-25-30_252.jpg  
GREEN JEEP CLUB #587
Bearsma is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.