I wanna see some sleepers - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I wanna see some sleepers

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #91
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
Ok, I'll post mine for kicks n grins! I've tried to keep mine stock looking but add a few items to help on the trails. I make a point of painting everything to match in an effort to blend it in. I get lots of looks and smirks when I pull into a lineup of better built Jeeps, and I'm almost ALWAYS the smallest in the group, but I always run the same trails and seldom the one to holdup the line. I usually have several people say to me "I can't believe where you've took that today" I know my Jeep, and I know when to back out and say "I'll pass on that". The stats are at the bottom, and I hope to add a rear locker soon!

I was one of the guys who has said "I can't believe where you've taken that today" This qualifies as a sleeper rig in my opinion....

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #92
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

One thing I love about a sleeper is that it attracts less attention from certain specific people...like thieves, vandalists, and authorities...all without sacraficing what we are all enthusiastic about, the performance of our vehicles.

This is usually a lot easier to accomplish if you run a daily driver. The fact that it needs to be comfortably roadworthy kind of puts a limit on the big ticket mods. I think of it as an excuse to make the daily drive more fun (not that I really own what you might call a sleeper but we all try).

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #93
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with Idaho. J-mox definitely seems like a pretty good sleeper. Of course also any 'rubicon' would sorta be also because they can go almost anywhere stock. But I also like J-Mox's because I'm building mine similar with keeping everything painted to match and kept factory looking because they look good stock so why try to change that much?
Also reading his sig, locked front, lsd rear, flat belly skid- all under a Wrangler X, on 31's. Very sweet sleeper and probably still a GREAT daily driver. Of course I'm surprised there's not some more cherokee's in here. My brothers old 97 xj on a 3" OME and 31" bfg at's was rediculously impressive offroad. It was open front and rear but on some of the trails we run my TJ on 33's open struggled more on some ledges than his did. It walked around all the trails leading the group with tj's on 35's and 33's and got past some parts a SAS liberty on 36's couldn't make it over.
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #94
mschviuz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Holy crap- I can't stay awake when looking at this!!
lol...wake up. You have a scrambler to build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
now thats a sleeper

i got a cj7 that will go over 100mph does that count alittle?
I would say that would classify as a sleeper!
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #95
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

isn't she look so cute when she's sleeping?
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #96
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaFinRubicon View Post

I still love those powder coated moabs (although I would have gone charcoal rather than black), and I envy you for the half doors.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #97
mschviuz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaFinRubicon View Post

so peaceful
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #98
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I still love those powder coated moabs (although I would have gone charcoal rather than black), and I envy you for the half doors.
They're actually more graphite then black. i'll get a close up photo for you when i wash it sometime and they're nice and clean
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #99
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
I was one of the guys who has said "I can't believe where you've taken that today" This qualifies as a sleeper rig in my opinion....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
I agree with Idaho. J-mox definitely seems like a pretty good sleeper. Of course also any 'rubicon' would sorta be also because they can go almost anywhere stock. But I also like J-Mox's because I'm building mine similar with keeping everything painted to match and kept factory looking because they look good stock so why try to change that much?
Also reading his sig, locked front, lsd rear, flat belly skid- all under a Wrangler X, on 31's. Very sweet sleeper and probably still a GREAT daily driver. Of course I'm surprised there's not some more cherokee's in here. My brothers old 97 xj on a 3" OME and 31" bfg at's was rediculously impressive offroad. It was open front and rear but on some of the trails we run my TJ on 33's open struggled more on some ledges than his did. It walked around all the trails leading the group with tj's on 35's and 33's and got past some parts a SAS liberty on 36's couldn't make it over.
Thanks guys for the kind words!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #100
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My buddies always tell me that a huge part of the sleeper needs to be a kickass driver...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #101
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
My buddies always tell me that a huge part of the sleeper needs to be a kickass driver...
that part is the one true thing I've seen so far...and that 5.0 Swap in there, that was nice

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #102
mschviuz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
that part is the one true thing I've seen so far...and that 5.0 Swap in there, that was nice
Thanks. It has made my jeep that much more fun to drive.
Unread 06-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #103
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's mine, you guys tell me if it's a sleeper. Front tow hooks, skid plates, class 3 hitch, rock rails, 2" lift and 30" m/t's

Unread 06-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #104
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you had front/rear lockers, onboard air, a teralow kit, and a retractable sidewinder missile system...... maybe.

Nice XJ, though!

WJ (WIFE JEEP) PROJECT COMING SOON
2GPS4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #105
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDementia View Post

Is this what happens after a bad cas of death wobble?
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.