I wanna see some sleepers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I wanna see some sleepers

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #46
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
I've just sold this to pay for my big Scrambler build but I'm still proud of it!!

It hauled big time
YES thats a sleeper. I bet its fun to outrun some tuned civic at a stoplight
so sickk!!

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #47
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I know its probably a repost so dont get me with the big red letters or I will find you...jk...but watch

YouTube - Ferrari vs Jeep Cj-7 0-156mph
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #48
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
So what is that? A 400 lb winch? Is that for pulling out a stuck dirtbike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
that is the most retarded thing ever. that winch is only rated to 1700 lbs and mud can be a b**** to get yourself out of. youre going to break the cable and end up hurting yourself, someone else, or breaking something on your jeep
its a 3700lbs winch...I know it is not alot esecialy to some of yall rock crawlers but im on a budget and i saved 500 bucks. it also has enough for what im doing Sand and mud thats it. thanks for yalls help on pointing me towards what a sleeper is. I know mine isnt...still kinda new to all this.

Quote:
I've just sold this to pay for my big Scrambler build but I'm still proud of it!!

It hauled big time
sweet baby jesus!!! 0-60 n that puppy???
awsome swap!
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #49
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05lj87yj View Post
its a 3700lbs winch...I know it is not alot esecialy to some of yall rock crawlers but im on a budget and i saved 500 bucks. it also has enough for what im doing Sand and mud thats it. thanks for yalls help on pointing me towards what a sleeper is. I know mine isnt...still kinda new to all this.

sweet baby jesus!!! 0-60 n that puppy???
awsome swap!
Yes, it was wild! Maybe a bit hard on the D35 rear end but for the fun- who cares!
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #50
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, it was wild! Maybe a bit hard on the D35 rear end but for the fun- who cares!
what??? you were running stock axles undre with the engine? i guess you couldnt have wheeled it to hard on or offroad.

but deffinatly an amazing jeep!
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #51
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
what??? you were running stock axles undre with the engine? i guess you couldnt have wheeled it to hard on or offroad.

but deffinatly an amazing jeep!
I had alloy axles in it and didn't break any. I did go through some driveshaft universals though... poor little things! That's why I figured to go big rather than stay home with my Scrambler and go with a Dana 60 / Sterling combo.

Hey - come to think of it the Srambler will also be a sort of sleeper. That's a Ford 5.0 that will go into the Scrambler.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ji...ml#post9206136
Unread 05-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #52
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I ain't trying to sound like a ****, but you really need to reconsider getting a better winch.

Mudd is one of the worst, because of the suction it creates, it multiplies the pounds.

I'd hate to see someone get hurt or worse using that small of a winch.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #53
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

bump for more sleepers, I am loving this! I have been daydreaming about building mine along these lines...

measure zero times, cut eight or ten
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #54
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sick!!! Maybe not offroad but damn, I bet that thing will go!!

I've been entertaining the idea of getting an old Rochester FI unit for my 52 3A. It's got a 327 SBC with double hump heads. Your TPI really makes me want a fuelie.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #55
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

not really a sleeper but almost nobody notices the highlined hood on my jeep unless they look for it or i tell them

1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #56
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

What is with the huge-gap between the hood and grill? I like that idea for pointing the passenger windshield-light more into the ditch, but, I would probably face it kind of forward at 45 so that the light is just in front of the Jeep.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #57
shark02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXCarson92 View Post
I don't know how many of you surf Pirate, but if you know of the Jeep, there's a white Wrangler with coilovers, lockers, all that stuff, but its all pretty well hidden. Definitely a sleeper Jeep. If someone knows what rig I'm talking about... post up the picture!

PolyPerformance is doing sweet fab now. - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
I am pretty sure this is the one you mean , and it is so sexay
shark02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #58
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would not call that a sleeper. It is pretty large. A sleep would be sitting 2" lower and running stock rims with a highline and trimmed flares.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #59
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark02 View Post

PolyPerformance is doing sweet fab now. - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
I am pretty sure this is the one you mean , and it is so sexay
Not a sleeper, Long Arms totally give this beast away

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #60
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The rims, how high it sits, the cage and much more give it away.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.