I wanna see some sleepers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > I wanna see some sleepers

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 05-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #16
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcj7 View Post
ok. built amc 360 . heads redone ported polished gasket mached balenced crank ported polished pushrods springs rv cam hei headers 180 amp alt. and alot or randome other stuff.

4:1 in the tcase and twin sticked soon to be bellyup'ed this weekend 410s locked front and rear trussed rear with one peice axles cromo up front custom drive shafts 4inch custome/basterd pack sua boomrang shackles full cage 1ton steering abunch of other
crap like lights n bumpers sittin on 35s.
this is her in progress. i also have a ***** magnet but i cannot find a pic . fabbing a condome dispencer sooon
Personally, I'd say this on the large side of being a sleeper. but pretty cool. I like it alot.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #17
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is too easy. A rubi was built for this challange:

There was still more flex, and I measured the other day, that was just about 36" high at the bottom of the tire.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

My XJ is often seen as a sleeper by virtue of the fact it belongs to me. Whenever I take it to offroading places where no one knows me, I get a double take and the Jeep some curious stares.
"What the heck is she doing with that?"
"Prolly bought it lifted."
"Prolly her boyfriend's"
Meh - just another mall crawler - after all, it has clear corners, bug deflector and gold trim. Plus, there's a black girl behind the wheel.

heh - then you look closer & see that the black quarters - that's steel, not paint. The underbody is lined with 3 beefy skids and she has side rails that are all gouged and dented. She walks up rocks that big *** "lifted" jeeps bust their tie rods on, or take the bypass. You look inside and wonder what the third switch on the custom panel is for ... WTF??? you see the rear wheels still turning when stock would be stopped in their tracks ... heck, all 4 keep moving ...
Sleeper fer sure. Especially when she had the 32s on.
But that's just my opinion. After all, it's my XJ. But I've seen the stares ... and I smile to myself

Older pic:

Most recent pic I have, but the Currie, 33s and other goodies are already on ...

Nope, no stroker or V8 tho ...
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #19
crcj7
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
Personally, I'd say this on the large side of being a sleeper. but pretty cool. I like it alot.
ahah thanks . worth a shot tho ahah
Unread 05-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
My XJ is often seen as a sleeper by virtue of the fact it belongs to me. Whenever I take it to offroading places where no one knows me, I get a double take and the Jeep some curious stares.
"Prolly her boyfriend's"
Meh - just another mall crawler - after all, it has clear corners, bug deflector and gold trim. Plus, there's a black girl behind the wheel.

heh - then you look closer & see that the black quarters - that's steel, not paint. The underbody is lined with 3 beefy skids and she has side rails that are all gouged and dented. She walks up rocks that big *** "lifted" jeeps bust their tie rods on, or take the bypass. You look inside and wonder what the third switch on the custom panel is for ... WTF??? you see the rear wheels still turning when stock would be stopped in their tracks ... heck, all 4 keep moving ...
But that's just my opinion. After all, it's my XJ. But I've seen the stares ... and I smile to myself

Older pic:

Most recent pic I have, but the Currie, 33s and other goodies are already on ...

Even on 33's, I'd say this is a good example of a sleeper.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #21
BucketOKarma
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
"Prolly her boyfriend's"

Older pic:

You ROCK.... just sayin

www.MilitaryJeepers.com
http://groups.jeepforum.com/CT_Jeeps
www.SiSOffroad.com
BucketOKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I guess there are several different ways for a jeep to be a sleeper. They could be have a huge V8 and look bone stock. I consider that to be more of a hot rod though. I want to see the offroad sleepers, Atlas' D60's, hidden winches, smooth lines on the body armor etc..

I can't stand the jeeps that have all kinds of tacky plastic add-on's all over the place. They make the jeep look cluttered and cheap. I can't accurately define what constitutes a sleeper but the tacky bolt-on jeeps are the antithesis of it.

Keep it up cherokeegrrl, that's pretty awesome.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #23
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is kinda what I am talking about, this jeep has clean body lines and major reworking to the tub to clear the 40's. The major body work is a perfect example, you would never notice it if you didn't know what to look for. The 40's do of course give it away immediately though.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #24
coreystj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

this count?

8.8 rear, detroit, 4.56.. and 241 t-case?
coreystj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Would mine be considered a sleeper???

32" BFG's, locker-front, posi-rear, 8,000lb winch on custom front bumper, custom rear bumper/hitch.

The bushwacker guards are there for highway protection (stones) and the light-guards are because they are kinda pretty (and a Christmas gift).
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #26
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'll post mine for kicks n grins! I've tried to keep mine stock looking but add a few items to help on the trails. I make a point of painting everything to match in an effort to blend it in. I get lots of looks and smirks when I pull into a lineup of better built Jeeps, and I'm almost ALWAYS the smallest in the group, but I always run the same trails and seldom the one to holdup the line. I usually have several people say to me "I can't believe where you've took that today" I know my Jeep, and I know when to back out and say "I'll pass on that". The stats are at the bottom, and I hope to add a rear locker soon!

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know how many of you surf Pirate, but if you know of the Jeep, there's a white Wrangler with coilovers, lockers, all that stuff, but its all pretty well hidden. Definitely a sleeper Jeep. If someone knows what rig I'm talking about... post up the picture!

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine

Mine is kind of a sleeper. It has mostly stock lines, with added rocker guards, solid diff covers front and rear, upgraded steering, 4.56 gears, Hp 30 front, d44 rear, and locked front and rear. only skid it doesn't have is steering and oil. And it still looks 'stock' with stock rims,-most of the time- and all painted to match.
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #29
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I consider mine a bit of a sleeper.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #30
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

whats the definition of a sleeper?
ive always thought it was a car that is secretly crazy fast even though it may not look like it... just need some clarification

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.