Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hood Scoops

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  0okamiDigital 
#1 ·
I've always wanted to see a collection of jeeps with hood scoops, either custom additions or new hoods. I need to see Tj's, but all jeeps welcome to post! :wave:

Note: please DO NOT turn this into a troll-fest discussing scoops being a waste on a jeep, having no power gain, etc. It's a hole, air can go in or heat can go out (assuming its functional and yes it should be,) and i happen to think a tasteful scoop is a nice aggressive-looking finish to a built rig. Further it seems that most members who have posted previously with scoops are rather proud of their looks, thank you :eek:

#2 ·
Hood vents made out of the tailgate outflow valve.
Snaps in. Self sealing. watertight. Opens and closes automaticly when engine starts.

#3 ·
Where did you get those or where can you get them?

#8 ·
I'm almost sure that they have a plastic flap. When on the tailgate, the flap will "pop" open when you slam you're door. The same way the vents in the hardtops of earlier TJ's worked. On the hood, they would then open when there is air pushing them up. IE the fan is running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.