Home Made Hood Light Bar! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Home Made Hood Light Bar!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #31
robilt
1979 CJ5 

I make these light bars. they are 1 1/4 o.d. sch 40 and they hold 6 lights. 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. They have brush guards on them for trail riding and I sell them for $150. These fit over the hinges and they fit the cj's and yj's. They also come with new screws.

close-up.jpg   000_0397.jpg  
robilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #32
skimjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great, I have a few questions.
Did you get fog or driving lights? Also do you think it's necessary to use a relay?
skimjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #33
KenleyR
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fog lights, and yes use a relay or you will end up with melted cable.
'X' 4.0L
KenleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
Jsplurge
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I actually got the Tough Stuff light bar as a Christmas gift one year and it was nice an everything but very expensive and heavy IMO. I'm on my 3rd YJ now and I'm going to be making my own like you this time around but with angle aluminum, good job on yours!
image.jpg  
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #35
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Hey Kenley, I just wanted to say thanks for your time making this write up, your design is great! I Rolled with it and fabbed up one for my front bumper and figured i would share the finished results with you

QuadraBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #36
KenleyR
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraBeast View Post
Hey Kenley, I just wanted to say thanks for your time making this write up, your design is great! I Rolled with it and fabbed up one for my front bumper and figured i would share the finished results with you
Nice!!!! Glad I could help!!!! I'm going to be purchasing a JKU here in a couple months so I'm going to build another one. I'll have to follow up with the pictures that.
'X' 4.0L
KenleyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aux lights , hood mounted lights , kc lights , light bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.