Highlined TJ with 31's at stock height - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Highlined TJ with 31's at stock height

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Highlined TJ with 31's at stock height

Hey everyone, I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything with my setup. I have a stock height TJ with 31 MT/R's. I'm looking to keep it as low as possible and make it as flexy as possible. So anyways i'm thinking about highlining the front fenders but I don't want it to look ridiculous. I'm just wondering if anyone has this setup or has had it. If you could post some pics of what it looks like it would be awesome.

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Its gonna look like 3-4" lift with 31's. Would look funny low with anything under 33's
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

it wont look bad, i have a picture of highlined tj with 4" lift on 32's if you want to see, just picture it 4" ... just let me know
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Im gonna say 31s with any brand of highline fender will look odd.

Heres my jeep at just under 3" of total lift (1" body, 2" ACOS coil spacer) with 35"s and AEV highline fenders. IMO my 35"s look too small, but tolerable. I can stuff my tires with room to spare.

Most highline fenders are made to run the biggest tire you can with as little lift as possible. Usually aimed for 37"+.

Just for fun... AEV Highline with 31"s, stock height I mean come on - look at the back wheel well! Im sure he was just rocking it this way till he got his new tires mounted up - but this is a good example of what im talking about. Any highline kit without a plastic fender flare for coverage (ie Rokmen, Metal Cloak) will look worse.

WTB: M100/M416 Wiring Harness and Tail Lights
IH8PEPL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Can the stock front flares be used with the aev kit?. I know they advertise "with wider flares". I wouldn't mind the aev kit, but can't stand those wide *** flares
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Can the stock front flares be used with the aev kit?. I know they advertise "with wider flares". I wouldn't mind the aev kit, but can't stand those wide *** flares
Nope, the angles are all different. The front would be 3" too short and the back probably wouldnt work at all. I wouldnt say they are super wide like some of those aftermarket 7" flares . I think they are 1" wider than Rubicon flares if I remember right.

Im thinking the AEV Highline kit has been phased out by AEV at this point.

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

It seems most of the tj aev stuff is being phased out. I remember having my yj and thinking, "those tj guys have it made, there's a huge market." now I say the same about the jk guys
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It seems most of the tj aev stuff is being phased out. I remember having my yj and thinking, "those tj guys have it made, there's a huge market." now I say the same about the jk guys
Its understandable, when a product isnt selling and the demand drops - thats it. I just think its BS that AEV turns a cold shoulder to customers (myself included) by not offering replacement parts. I hear rumors saying the highline kit has a few years left, and other rumors say its gone... who knows.

Hopefully they sell the rights to the highline kit to knowwhere2jeep, just like they did with Nth products.

Unread 10-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Hell I remember seeing the nth degree la kit review when it first came out. Of course that was back when re was the tits. Its a shame seeing these company's that made some good parts were slowly bought out by bigger companies (Transamerica comes to mind. They either slowly died off, or turned into cheap china made parts under the same name(smittybilt comes to mind). Oh well, at least we have companies like savvy, mc, rockmen creating a new line of business
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CleanTJ View Post
it wont look bad, i have a picture of highlined tj with 4" lift on 32's if you want to see, just picture it 4" ... just let me know
I would like to see that if you could post it. Thanks

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Im gonna say 31s with any brand of highline fender will look odd.

Heres my jeep at just under 3" of total lift (1" body, 2" ACOS coil spacer) with 35"s and AEV highline fenders. IMO my 35"s look too small, but tolerable. I can stuff my tires with room to spare.

Most highline fenders are made to run the biggest tire you can with as little lift as possible. Usually aimed for 37"+.

Just for fun... AEV Highline with 31"s, stock height I mean come on - look at the back wheel well! Im sure he was just rocking it this way till he got his new tires mounted up - but this is a good example of what im talking about. Any highline kit without a plastic fender flare for coverage (ie Rokmen, Metal Cloak) will look worse.
I agree that stock one looks like crap. The wide flairs is a lot of the problem though in my opinion

Unread 10-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

for comparison :
32" tires 4" lift WITHOUT HIGHLINE

32" tires with 4" lift WITH HIGHLINE

same jeep 4" lift 35" tires WITHOUT HIGHLINE

4" lift 35" tires WITH HIGHLINE

and same jeep 4" lift with 36" tires WITH HIGHLINE

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

You have plans to ditch the pocket flares? Would look sooo much better
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have plans to ditch the pocket flares? Would look sooo much better
i no longer own the jeep, but i kept them in the rear because where i wheeled, the county cops were enforcing laws pretty hard. if one was behind me, the tires looked covered. i was pulled over one day about the flares not covering and no front plate at the time. one of my friends had a full width 1 ton cherokee and basically had 10" wide flares he had to run on the road to keep the cops off him he made them detachable for trails of course
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #15
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CleanTJ View Post
i kept them in the rear because where i wheeled, the county cops were enforcing laws pretty hard.
Im so glad I live in a free state where the cops actually focus on crime, not BS like tire coverage.

I feel sorry for all you New England Jeepers and the tyranny you have to put up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.