HighLine Tube Fenders VS. Tube Fenders - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

HighLine Tube Fenders VS. Tube Fenders

I've been reseaching and looking at high line tube fenders like TNT's vs standard tube fenders. I understand relocating components with the high line kit, cutting the hood or get a AEV hood, etc. The reason for this thread is to see who others like and think look good as well as post pics of both types of fenders.

I know there are many companies that make these fenders and I'll probably go with a TNT fender or poison spyder fender. I can't make up my mind if I want to go with a highline or a standard fender. My goal for my Jeep is to eventually run a 38-40in tire (I know how involved this will be and what I'll have to change to support this amount of tire) I current run 35in tires on 3.25in of lift, I currently am running into stuffing the tire in the fender well, messing up my OEM flares and I know I need to adjust my bump stops but while I am on here I started thinking about getting tube fenders. Every time I buy a part for my Jeep I want it to go with the fact I'll be running Long Arm Suspension, Stretched Wheel Base and 38-40in tires in the future, why buy something to replace it later on right?

Please post pics of highline and standard tube fenders and what you prefer.

Thanks

My goal is to have my Jeep look similiar to this one although not sure if I want to comp cut the rear. I like the Stretch rear corners with out the comp cut. Still undecided.

I also like the highline 3.5 Jeep from TNT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lets bump this back up, I know people have opinions on the two.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 AM
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

O man I want that rubicon!

post #4 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM
jeepbumm68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I run the Metalcloak Overline fenders. I love them! They offer more clearance than standard tube fenders, and you don't have to cut anything like highlines.

i am running 35's 4'' rk la lift. would be real easy to throw 37s to 39's on. I already have and they fit nice.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 08:36 AM
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have the TNT standard tubes (3" flare) in the front and XRC crushers in the rear. They made a huge difference with tire clearance. I'm running 37" pitbulls on a 3.5" lift and barely have any rubbing at all.

Your question was about preference- I would prefer highlines. I bought my front ube fenders before highlines were available from any company and since I paid to have them body matched, it was not worth it for me to switch.

Pics:

post #6 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbumm68 View Post
I run the Metalcloak Overline fenders. I love them! They offer more clearance than standard tube fenders, and you don't have to cut anything like highlines.

i am running 35's 4'' rk la lift. would be real easy to throw 37s to 39's on. I already have and they fit nice.
Guess the thing bad about those is they offer no tire clearance which I need at least factory clearance over my tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I have the TNT standard tubes (3" flare) in the front and XRC crushers in the rear. They made a huge difference with tire clearance. I'm running 37" pitbulls on a 3.5" lift and barely have any rubbing at all.

Your question was about preference- I would prefer highlines. I bought my front ube fenders before highlines were available from any company and since I paid to have them body matched, it was not worth it for me to switch.

Pics:

Yeah the way yours sit, highlines would look good. Please tell me where you got the rear stinger and sell it to me NOW....hahhaa thats what I plan on running to hold a bigger tire.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
jeepbumm68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Actually if you read about them, they offer very good amount of tire clearance. Look them up. I actually have the same amount if not more clearance than the white TJ on 37's
post #8 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
DH19922010
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
Guess the thing bad about those is they offer no tire clearance which I need at least factory clearance over my tires

Yeah the way yours sit, highlines would look good. Please tell me where you got the rear stinger and sell it to me NOW....hahhaa thats what I plan on running to hold a bigger tire.
I assume you mean coverage not clearance? Metalcloak offers 4" and 6" flares for those fenders. He's just running the fenders. The stinger looks like a gen-right (JEEP PARTS | JEEP ACCESSORIES | OFFROAD JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON | JEEP LED TAIL LIGHTS | GAS TANKS)

Last edited by DH19922010; 12-28-2009 at 07:33 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 PM
jeepbumm68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I do not run flares at all yet. Those are next on my list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.