Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

High school/College Jeeps!

94K views 498 replies 297 participants last post by  RyanHanley 
#1 ·
Come on everyone else thats young, I know theres several people out there under 25 with nicely built rigs!

theres mine

See less See more
#408 ·
Dad's been a mechanic, at heart, for his whole life. He was a mechanic on commercial tractor/trailers for a while, but eventually switched to management in the same field. He's amazing. Ask him what size a bolt head if and he can fire it off no problem. He has the most amazing memory of anyone I've ever met...and he's in his late 50s! Oh, and an FSM is handy too.

The best part is, that dad learned a lot of what he knows from HIS dad. It's definitely in my blood.

#411 ·
heres what i started with summer goin into senior yr of high school 2'' lift and 31s

the last pic and best flex i had with original set up i got it at

then my last spring break (soph yr at East Stroudsburg University) done for a while 3'' lift bushwacker flat flares and 33s

#421 ·
Im a senior at Rose-hulman. Been building this one for 4 years now. I've done all the work to it and paid for everything on it. I love jeeps this is my second one. My first was a 97 4-cyl, was my first car. sold it for honda and 6-months later sold that for another jeep. i'll never go back to not having a jeep.

#423 ·
Moose340 if you were talking to me its a Runck bumper. Guy in Indiana makes them. Tiny company. http://www.runckbumpers.com/

The guy is great guy. thats where all my stuff came from. PM me if your interested in them and ill talk to you about them. I can also get you a 10% discount. He had my jeep in the display booth at gravelrama last year.

The bumpers arent cheap but they are built by hand and strong as can be. I love mine

#424 ·
Moose340 if you were talking to me its a Runck bumper. Guy in Indiana makes them. Tiny company. http://www.runckbumpers.com/

The guy is great guy. thats where all my stuff came from. PM me if your interested in them and ill talk to you about them. I can also get you a 10% discount. He had my jeep in the display booth at gravelrama last year.

The bumpers arent cheap but they are built by hand and strong as can be. I love mine
Do you have a shot of the rear bumper by chance? I'm in Central Indiana, and might be interested in getting a a set of those. Actually just checked out the link, he makes some pretty awesome bumpers. Definitely not cheap, but the quality looks really nice.

#430 ·
Junior at Westfield state. Bought it stock and built it up myself :) The only girl that drives a lifted jeep at school

Attachments

#433 ·
Update time. Got my Metalcloak stubby 99% of the way on. Last ******* bolt wouldn't line up, so I had to loosen all of the bolts and start kicking the **** out of it trying to line it up. Didn't work. Now the Jeep sits with the hood covered in a tarp until I can get back home from NCSU to fix it all and head to Uwharrie.

The steering and axle were looking a little shabby so I hit the whole front end with rattlecan. Looks much nicer and will slow down rust until I get the new axle and steering in.

I picked up my new front axle and worked on the new rear axle.
Scored an 80's Wagoneer Dana 44 with new 4.88 gears, new master install kit, new Lockright locker and Warn locking hubs for $700.

Grinded remaining bracketry and rust, welded axle tubes and primed the 8.8.

#437 ·
18 freshmen in college at manchester community college, until i figure out what the heck i want to do with my life. just the start of mods, i only started this summer, next step is some soft 8s or black rocks, once i save up enough working my crappy job that pays ****ty
but i love my girl to death :2thumbsup:

Attachments

#440 ·
Hey, you dont live to far from me. I live in Tolland, where are you wheeling in those pics?

#438 · (Edited)
This is mine. Just turned 20. Sophomore at Penn College of Technology! Been working on this since i was 15 paid for everything myself did all the work myself. Lifted it 2 years ago and got the previous 33s 1.5yrs ago. This is what it looked like about 4 months ago but I dont have a current picture. 4.5" Rough Country lift with 33" Falken Wildpeak A/t. Every paycheck i got from Mcdonalds went into this Jeep and was my first car.

Attachments

#441 ·
bassicsk8r said:
This is mine. Just turned 20. Sophomore at Penn College of Technology! Been working on this since i was 15 paid for everything myself did all the work myself. Lifted it 2 years ago and got the previous 33s 1.5yrs ago. This is what it looked like about 4 months ago but I dont have a current picture. 4.5" Rough Country lift with 33" Falken Wildpeak A/t. Every paycheck i got from Mcdonalds went into this Jeep and was my first car.
Hey man comin to penn college next year. I got a tj and dropped most of my money on it. Anyway how are the ladies there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.