Hardtop Hoist/Storage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Hardtop Hoist/Storage

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
MRTroxel

Hardtop Hoist/Storage

I am wanting to make a hoist so I can hang my hardtop when it is not on my Jeep, but I don't really know the best way to go about it. I would like to see any and all pictures of how you made it. Thanks.

MRTroxel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Eatlessdirt
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No picture but 4 I-hooks in the ceiling and four ratchet straps has worked for me for years. The whole set up is less than $30.

If your rafters are exposed no need for the hooks.
Eatlessdirt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
gus54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Subscibed. Also looking to do this in a garage with a low slanted roof.
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Hwkscr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I purchased the hoist (crank) from harbor freight for about 15 bucks. Also purchased 2 D rings that bolted to the studs in the ceiling to guide the crank. 4 eye bolts bolted into the rafters for storage support. As for the top of the hard top I bought a stick of uni-strut and cut it to length. Used 2 "T" brackets found near the uni-strut and bolted it together. I purchased 3 bicycle hook to mount to the uni-stut. One man on-off operation.
4" Pro-Comp springs / Bilstein 5100's / Rokmen Adj LCA's / Currie Currectlynk Steering / Currie Adj FTB / JKS Adj RTB / Warn F&R bumpers w/ tire carrier / KC daylights w/ windshield mounts / 285/75/16 Duratracs / Moab wheels / Cobra CB / Sirius XM / Skid-Row Engine Skid / Warn VR8000 / 05 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara 557/1000.
Hwkscr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
gus54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatlessdirt View Post
No picture but 4 I-hooks in the ceiling and four ratchet straps has worked for me for years. The whole set up is less than $30.

If your rafters are exposed no need for the hooks.
I think this is what im going to do. Do you attach the hooks to the top or the bottom or top of the hardtop? Im thinking the hook might go through the bolt holes at the front and back where it mounts to the tub. Any pics of it hoisted?
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
gus54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Heres what Im going to do. Cheap and easy.

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
MRTroxel

The only problem with that I have a high ceiling and I want my top as high as I can get it so its completely out of the way.
MRTroxel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
gus54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got it done for under $20. Love Harbor Freight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.