Ground Pounder Fab bumpers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Ground Pounder Fab bumpers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #46
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How is the rear tire carriers holding up, any sqeaking? Noises etc?

Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #47
jeepmojo01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My bumper will be here in 3 weeks and I am painting it with Dupli-color truck bed liner. I will post some pics when finished, should work fine...I see everyone keeps asking about prices...so just to give u a ballpark figure, my rear/tire carrier was $640 shipped
[SIZE="5"][/SIZE][COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #2004[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/[/url][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/acronym-list-472282/[/url][/COLOR]

[url]www.MilitaryJeepers.com[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-error-code-list-861376/[/url]

Last edited by jeepmojo01; 04-08-2010 at 10:23 PM..
jeepmojo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #48
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo01 View Post
My bumper will be here in 3 weeks and I am painting it with Dupli-color truck bed liner. I will post some pics when finished, should work fine
I plan on doing the same but using an self etching primer because it did amazing on my front bumper, I will post up pics also.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #49
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rock solid bumper. As for Eddie, you couldn't get a greater guy to deal with. He's got top notch customer service.

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #50
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just got mine done, I painted it with self etching primer and rustoleum truck bed coating(rattle can)

Lining up to drill the additional mounting holes.

The mounting

All installed

99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #51
ibkushman320
2005 TJ Wrangler 

anybody have any "play" in the swing out carrier?
Unread 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #52
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i went and got mine from eddie back in february. hes a great guy and makes a great product. no noise or anything wrong with the tire carrier as far as noise or not functioning.

Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #53
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibkushman320 View Post
anybody have any "play" in the swing out carrier?
Over two years old and still as tight as new. No rattles now or ever. Amazing quality.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #54
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I usually refrain from posting in bumper threads as I don't want to make anyone feel "uneasy" about asking questions (great question about the long term rattling BTW). However, I feel I need to at least say thanks for the kind words everyone! It really is rewarding to hear good stuff about your work.

Brian, I love that pic of the rear bumper all covered in snow..that's awesome! I had to call my wife to come look at it. She just rolled her eyes and laughed at me.

One thing I'd like to mention.. my lead time is really long at the moment. About 8 weeks out. Springtime always finds me buried in "tax refund bumpers". Keep in mind, bumper building is a "side gig" for me. I work a "dayjob" as a Defense Contractor Instructor for the Army. I work at my shop evenings and weekends.. still managing to get 40-45hrs a week in at the shop but every year, I get really busy about this time. Just want to be up front about the long wait.

Thanks again everyone!!

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #55
Pacifier
2001 XJ Cherokee 

here are a few more pictures of Edwin's quality of work

I wanted my radiator hoop higher the the hood and he made it happen for me. Great customer service I tell ya!

[url]WWW.DIEGOSDEALS.COM[/url]
BUY, SALE & TRADE ANYTHING 4x4
Pacifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #56
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Eddie made my front stinger. AWESOME work. Plus, he's a great guy to deal with.

'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #57
arnold303
1981 CJ8 

Got mine in today and love it. The quality is second to none. Forget about the "big box" companies, this thing blows them away in quality and craftsmanship, and built in the good ol' USA.
Thank's Eddie!

arnold303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #58
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post

Brian, I love that pic of the rear bumper all covered in snow..that's awesome! I had to call my wife to come look at it. She just rolled her eyes and laughed at me.
lol it did a killer job plowing through all that snow we got in Charlottesville last winter! The unplowed areas especially on the trails got REALLY deep. You can officially say your bumper is snow plow rated
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #59
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I'll tell ya... I'd like to thank everyone for posting pics. A couple days ago, my PC stopped working (as in, it won't boot up when I turn it on). Anyhow.. I never thought about backing up all my photos to my external hard drive.. Now, I have to turn the computer in to a shop and hope they are able to fix it or at least extract all my pics and my bumper work orders (at least I printed out my worklist the day before the PC died).

Anyhow.. I was able to browse thru this thread and download all the pics to my laptop so I'll at least have a few pics to show folks when they ask for pictures.. You guys saved my buttocks!!!

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #60
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I'll tell ya... I'd like to thank everyone for posting pics. A couple days ago, my PC stopped working (as in, it won't boot up when I turn it on). Anyhow.. I never thought about backing up all my photos to my external hard drive.. Now, I have to turn the computer in to a shop and hope they are able to fix it or at least extract all my pics and my bumper work orders (at least I printed out my worklist the day before the PC died).

Anyhow.. I was able to browse thru this thread and download all the pics to my laptop so I'll at least have a few pics to show folks when they ask for pictures.. You guys saved my buttocks!!!
Eddie, for future use... consider getting a Photobucket account and upload everything there My pics are still alive after several computer failures... With a "pro" account(like $20 or 30 a year) you can use FTP to upload or download any or all pictures to or from Photobucket to whatever folder on your computer/in your drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.