Goodyear Duratrac - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Goodyear Duratrac

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 04-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #46
WsRpAoNrGtLtEjR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

To those of you with this tire, is this the perfect solution for a DD who wants an aggresive lookin AT tire? I live in Chicago, and 90% of my driving will be on roads/highways, along with snow in the winter. I hear these are great for all of these conditions. However, I read something somewhere about them doing bad off-road when aired down? Is this only for severe airing-down like rock-climbing or for most off-roading? I plan on doing some mild-to-moderate wheeling over the summer, and am debating between these and the BFG ATs, although these seem to have that aggresive look I love.

WsRpAoNrGtLtEjR is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #47
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am very pleased with them...Most of my time is spent on road and a little off road...For the type of off road I do these are very good tires...Airing down I don't do, so I can't say what is a good or bad PSI...The tires are to new to tell...As for looks they are very great looking tires...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #48
oksabelh
2009 JK Wrangler 

Noise was a significant factor in my decision, along with the manufacturer claim of snow/rain performance - and the aggressive look. And to be honest - looking for something new and different. Trust me if you get them mounted and balanced correctly noise will not be an issue, they are very quiet. Of course they are new and I plan to rotate them every 3-5k miles, but I can't speak for how they will sound yet at say....20k miles plus. I've read that with improper treadwear - noise increases so I hope to minimize. But for now - trust me that they are not an issue regarding noise...
oksabelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #49
oksabelh
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ride softness on Duratrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by all3forus View Post
I have put almost 300 miles on them this week...The ride is great, softer than my old BFG A/T's...The little claw things in the center of the tread is for ice and deep snow...Goodyear says they help with grip in snow...If you goto their web site, their is a video about the tire...Also these tires are very quiet on almost any surface...The best thing is my wife also likes them better than the old tires
I wanted to avoid too loose of a ride and don't do a lot of low pressure tire offroading, so I went with a smaller sidewall percentage (285/70/17) versus the 33x12.5's. really happy with decision.
Unread 04-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #50
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That is great OKSABELH... How well do your tires ride? I was looking to upgrade to a 17" wheel and tire setup before... But I just stayed with the 15" wheels I have... Maybe next set of tires will be plus sizing to 17"... I'm happy with these tires...
Unread 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #51
oksabelh
2009 JK Wrangler 

They ride great... there is a lot of good info in this thread on ride quality. staying with 15in saved you money no doubt - 17 rims (half decent ones) ran me about $160 a piece and I went with 5 for matching spare.
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #52
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info...My next set will be 17" wheels and tires..I just like the look and since I don't air down I don't need the side wall flex of the 15" tires...So far we have almost 1500 miles on the tires and they are handling great...
Unread 05-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #53
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

315/75/R16 Duratracs

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #54
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow...They look great on their...Nice looking rig...How are you liking them?
Unread 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #55
JDePietro
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just want to point something out...

As it was explained to me, which may or may not be 100% correct. All tires are subject to a Federal Excise Tax. The Tax was created to help new states entering the union build and repair roads. In the North East part of the Country the Excise tax is ridiculously high, in the South West it is very low. So the variations you see in prices can and will be reflected by this tax which to my knowledge has never been repealled.

I love the tires, I only wish they made a 32x11.5R15. They have time as I don't expect to be able to purchase tires until 2010.

P.S. Great rigs !!
JDePietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #56
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by all3forus View Post
Wow...They look great on their...Nice looking rig...How are you liking them?
Had them on for 2 days and so far they're much quieter on the street then my mt/r's, and in my opinion look much better too!
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #57
jeepmike20
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeeee View Post
I just got those a couple weeks ago for my 2000 TJ - 31x10.5x15

any lift on this? it looks stock. any rubbing?
jeepmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #58
Weeeee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmike20 View Post
any lift on this? it looks stock. any rubbing?
It was stock at the time, the only rubbing I was having was at full wheel lock, a couple of washer took care of that.
Weeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #59
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh_1 View Post
315/75/R16 Duratracs

Woah another Winnipeger

Nice looking Rubi.

Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #60
crqflier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeeee View Post
It was stock at the time, the only rubbing I was having was at full wheel lock, a couple of washer took care of that.
Have you put a lift on since? If so, any pics? I've got the same jeep, planning on these exact tires - but also a 2" OME lift.
crqflier is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.