Frame off build, paint photoshop request. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Frame off build, paint photoshop request.

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
warthog312
The Craigslist Crawler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Frame off build, paint photoshop request.

Ok, my 94 YJ is in the process of a full frame off. Gettin a 1992 5.0 302 from a Ford Mustang, early 80's T-18 transmission, 231J transfer case, axles, lockers, armor, etc. blah blah blah

Anyway, I was at a cruise night yesterday with my 78 Eldorado, and I ran into the man himself, VooDoo Larry. He operates out of Elk Grove Village, IL, not too far from my stomping grounds in Chicago. For anyone that doesn't know, hes very well known in the lead sled, custom car, rat rod, pinstriping world. Give him a Google, you won't be disappointed

So, myself being a hotrod enthusiast, decided a while ago to go with a bright bright lime green paint job on the Jeep, with black accents (hinges, mirrors, cage, sliders, etc). Kind of an old school ratfink era scheme, but it does it for me. I saw one of Larry's cars last night, and was downright giddy over the pain scheme. Kind of a tiki/tribal/vintage art deco design in light and dark green.

I was wondering if any of you guys could photoshop design me a paint scheme like his, but something that would flow with the body lines and doors, but wouldnt be interrupted when the top and doors are off (hey, it IS a Jeep, right?).

My rig is 94, but in the resto it's getting a CJ7 front clip, so for all purposes of this thread, a CJ7 should be used in the modeling. For color, base lime green with the line work done in black is what im thinking. You guys go nuts though, do what you think is cool. If someone designs or helps work with me through this and I land up going with their design, maybe our old friend PayPal could make it worth it too

For the record, my Jeep is up ~6" on 35" MTs. Just use google for a blank CJ7 image, mine is all torn to pieces down to the frame and looked like crap before with home made tube fenders and whatnot.

For the paint scheme, this is Larry's car, and what I want to do.

Bretty bada$$ huh? Yeah.
Replace his light green with lime green, and the dark green with black, white, purple... whatever you want. I'm more concerned with the pattern. Also, include the hard top, I rock mine year round with the exception of a bikini top in the summer.

Cheers everyone, and thanks in advance!!!

Ninja edit: the body is going to paint in few weeks while it's off the frame still, so the sooner the better guys. Thanks!!!

EDIT#2: Here's basically what mine will sit like when it's all done, save for some rock sliders and short armor a the rear corners, and TJ rear fender flares and wheel well openings.

Unread 06-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try the photoshop request thread

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.