Flex Shots - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 4819 Old 10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
CJS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
No prob. I think it's 25 nowadays. Almost there.
Even better, then I can start a build thread finally.

CJS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 4819 Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
LOCAL
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 364

LIVEforTODAY
LOCAL is offline  
post #813 of 4819 Old 10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
yjdevin
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: walton county, georgia
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvkj View Post
35's, and long arms...i haven't got the new rear shocks on by that point and the front can go some more, just need to change some things first




Had to add this one too...one of my favorites

i don't usually like liberty's but that thing is sick..
yjdevin is offline  
post #814 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 AM
BlackedOut13
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdevin View Post
i don't usually like liberty's but that thing is sick..
That is pretty sick, but in the end it's still just a liberty, there's just something about the body style that I hate, no real idea why but I do.

---------------------------------------------------
It's a HEEP thing, NO ONE understands.
BlackedOut13 is offline  
post #815 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler
 
B2CARPEN's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOut13 View Post
That is pretty sick, but in the end it's still just a liberty, there's just something about the body style that I hate, no real idea why but I do.
I do not like the libertys as well.... but that one is super sick! I bet it would out perform my rig on the trails anyday
B2CARPEN is offline  
post #816 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
mikes_muse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Biggest Little City
Posts: 633
Here is another Liberty for you guys...








mikes_muse is offline  
post #817 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 08:46 AM
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler
 
B2CARPEN's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,576
Sure... just rub it in and push the dagger deeper already LOL. Nice rig!
B2CARPEN is offline  
post #818 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
mikes_muse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Biggest Little City
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Sure... just rub it in and push the dagger deeper already LOL. Nice rig!


Thanks. A lot of work but it has been great so far.
mikes_muse is offline  
post #819 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Checo18
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sonora
Posts: 388
I think it looks great personally always like seeing something different

_______ Only in a YJ
/l ,[_____],

l---L -[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline  
post #820 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler
 
B2CARPEN's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes_muse View Post


Thanks. A lot of work but it has been great so far.
Question... what did you do with those axles? What comes stock w/ the libertys? I would imagine you would have to do a complete swap to run those tires.

I definately can see all that work you put into it and it turned out great! I also agree it's nice to see something different and baddass
B2CARPEN is offline  
post #821 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
mikes_muse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Biggest Little City
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checo18 View Post
I think it looks great personally always like seeing something different
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Question... what did you do with those axles? What comes stock w/ the libertys? I would imagine you would have to do a complete swap to run those tires.

I definately can see all that work you put into it and it turned out great! I also agree it's nice to see something different and baddass
I reused the same rear axle that came stock. The Chrysler 8.25, just added a Detroit rear locker and 4.88s, I bought XJ Alloy shafts and they are 1" too short for the KJ. I did add the rear truss as well for the rear 4-link.

The front is a Dana 30 out of an XJ with a ton of stuff added to it. Solid cover, 4.88s, Aussie locker, Warn 5x4.5 Hub Kit, Warn inner and outer Chromo Shafts and the WJ knuckle/brake/steering conversion w/ chevy 3/4 ton TRE's and heavy duty 1.25x.219 drilled and tapped tie rod and drag link.

The front axle on a Libby is a Dana30a, aluminum IFS housing P.O.S., that is known to blow apart very easily.

These 35s are only 7 pounds heavier than my 31s on steel wheels. I swapped to Mickey Thompson Classic IIs and saved a ton of weight.
mikes_muse is offline  
post #822 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler
 
B2CARPEN's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes_muse View Post
Thanks.



I reused the same rear axle that came stock. The Chrysler 8.25, just added a Detroit rear locker and 4.88s, I bought XJ Alloy shafts and they are 1" too short for the KJ. I did add the rear truss as well for the rear 4-link.

The front is a Dana 30 out of an XJ with a ton of stuff added to it. Solid cover, 4.88s, Aussie locker, Warn 5x4.5 Hub Kit, Warn inner and outer Chromo Shafts and the WJ knuckle/brake/steering conversion w/ chevy 3/4 ton TRE's and heavy duty 1.25x.219 drilled and tapped tie rod and drag link.

The front axle on a Libby is a Dana30a, aluminum IFS housing P.O.S., that is known to blow apart very easily.

These 35s are only 7 pounds heavier than my 31s on steel wheels. I swapped to Mickey Thompson Classic IIs and saved a ton of weight.
HOLY HELL!! yeah that's awesome!

For some reason that D30 just looks tiny...
B2CARPEN is offline  
post #823 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
mikes_muse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Biggest Little City
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
HOLY HELL!! yeah that's awesome!

For some reason that D30 just looks tiny...
The D30 is tiny, but it was such a good deal, and works so well, I figure I had to use it. I can always put a 44 and a 60 under it later.
mikes_muse is offline  
post #824 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM
dreadhead
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tennessee
Posts: 152
Heres a couple from my last trip.



http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821561 xj buggy, tons, 40s, airshocks, 3 linked
dreadhead is offline  
post #825 of 4819 Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
AustinTexasXJ
Registered User
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin/San Marcos
Posts: 6,115
not mine but.....



Benjamin
>Dirty Betty II: The Story Continues..<
>ATXJ's $800 Dollar seXJ Build<

Insta: @bmwalive/@TexasDrivenJeeps
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
yj flex shots maxamoose2 Jeep Picture Requests 46 01-25-2014 05:31 PM
rubicon express flex shots joe's_yj Jeep Picture Requests 4 11-07-2010 05:59 AM
Flex shots my Jeep mic6 Jeep Builds 4 05-13-2008 10:20 PM
Some flex shots timothy_1987 Jeep Builds 23 03-31-2007 07:03 PM
Detailed my YJ today. See the so-far transformation, I got flex shots too! OneCleanYj Jeep Builds 10 03-07-2007 06:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome