FAVORITE picture of your Jeep - Page 154 - JeepForum.com

 19Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2296 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 AM
countrygirl1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
What was your job?
I was a 91b mechanic but I was going warrant officer I was going to fly helicopters but I got hurt :-/

countrygirl1288 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2297 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 AM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl1288

I was a 91b mechanic but I was going warrant officer I was going to fly helicopters but I got hurt :-/
So you got med boarded out of the Army? Assuming Army because no one else lets W's fly to my knowledge

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #2298 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM
countrygirl1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
So you got med boarded out of the Army? Assuming Army because no one else lets W's fly to my knowledge
The unit I was in wasn't a good one and they flagged me and kept me from my Reenlistment and watched me ets out with out any help for my va stuff I'm still fighting for my benefits I messed up my knee hip spine and the crushed the arches in my feet and yes it was army 3 years
countrygirl1288 is offline  
post #2299 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 AM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl1288

I was a 91b mechanic but I was going warrant officer I was going to fly helicopters but I got hurt :-/
Dam that stinks that's my dads dream to learn how to fly a helocoptor he wants to buy one but he's not in the military he just wants one lol he said if he knew how to fly he would buy one in a heart beat.

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #2300 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 01:14 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl1288 View Post

The unit I was in wasn't a good one and they flagged me and kept me from my Reenlistment and watched me ets out with out any help for my va stuff I'm still fighting for my benefits I messed up my knee hip spine and the crushed the arches in my feet and yes it was army 3 years
I've seen your exact situation too many times, I feel for you.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #2301 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 01:51 PM
countrygirl1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
I've seen your exact situation too many times, I feel for you.
:-/ it's a ****ty situation but I'm tough and I'm not gonna give up till I get what's mine for doing and serving for my country
countrygirl1288 is offline  
post #2302 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Dam that stinks that's my dads dream to learn how to fly a helocoptor he wants to buy one but he's not in the military he just wants one lol he said if he knew how to fly he would buy one in a heart beat.
Learning to fly anything is far from cheap.....let alone buying an actual plane/chopper
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #2303 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 02:32 PM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

Learning to fly anything is far from cheap.....let alone buying an actual plane/chopper
I looked it up and its like 10-20k for lessons but my dad said he will buy a helocopter if he gets his lessons and he knows how much they go for so idk? I hope he does tho that will be cool lol

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #2304 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
If I wasn't dead set on going back to school for a degree I would use my GI Bill on a pilots license, you still have to foot the fuel bill but the schooling is paid for.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #2305 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
If I wasn't dead set on going back to school for a degree I would use my GI Bill on a pilots license, you still have to foot the fuel bill but the schooling is paid for.
I used the Post 9/11 GI bill to go for aviation flight sciences at Western Michigan University.....all fuel costs are paid for.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #2306 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 04:58 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
I didn't know they would pay for fuel as well, that's really cool. Do you fly for a living now?

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #2307 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I didn't know they would pay for fuel as well, that's really cool. Do you fly for a living now?
Yes
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #2308 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 05:52 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

Yes
How long have you been flying now and is it a career you'd recommend?

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #2309 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
I've been flying for a few years, but you need to be pretty passionate about it. It takes time to build up the hours to qualify for certain jobs, right now the FAA requires at least 1500 hours in order to qualify for an ATP (Arline transport pilot certificate)...if you ever want to fly for the airlines. I do not fly for an airline. I enjoy flying, but it takes a lot of effort and knowledge to be in the industry.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #2310 of 3257 Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
I've been flying for a few years, but you need to be pretty passionate about it. It takes time to build up the hours to qualify for certain jobs, right now the FAA requires at least 1500 hours in order to qualify for an ATP (Arline transport pilot certificate)...if you ever want to fly for the airlines. I do not fly for an airline. I enjoy flying, but it takes a lot of effort and knowledge to be in the industry.
I've got a friend in the military that wants to get out and fly helo's for a news company or something like that.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Updated picture of my jeep JohnnyX XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 30 12-04-2007 05:20 PM
New Favorite Picture of my Jeep :) 01JeepXJ XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 12 05-26-2006 05:45 PM
Picture of my Jeep! jeepjunky22 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 17 01-28-2006 10:59 PM
supernatural jeep picture ford77id XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 21 08-16-2005 11:07 AM
lifted jeep picture powerman330 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 15 04-05-2005 05:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome