FAVORITE picture of your Jeep - Page 123 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > FAVORITE picture of your Jeep

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #1831
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post

I think your dogs are saying, "What? The ride is over?"
Haha they were barking at me to let them out and play!

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #1832
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

One of my favs, I really need to take more pics!
255453_4348557868396_40248650_n.jpg  
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #1833
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69
Yah you do!!

if only gas was cheaper
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1834
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5

Yah you do!!

if only gas was cheaper
Yea lol jeeps taken a spot on the back burner for teh past few months, but I'm starting to get back into tinkering with her again.
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #1835
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
You are lost. The grocery store was back about fifty yards at the pavement.
Don't stress tho'. A Wrangler will be by sooner or later to help you back to solid ground.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1836
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
You are lost. The grocery store was back about fifty yards at the pavement.
Don't stress tho'. A Wrangler will be by sooner or later to help you back to solid ground.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
There might be a reason the YJ was replaced with the TJ that used the same type of 4 link setup ZJs had 4 years prior...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #1837
c_kdna
2006 TJ Wrangler 

favorite

[IMG][/IMG]
c_kdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #1838
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Toss up between two:

Or letting my Dad take it for a spin
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #1839
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The one with your dad is better. More depth and besides, it has your dad in it.
RJC#512
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #1840
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
There might be a reason the YJ was replaced with the TJ that used the same type of 4 link setup ZJs had 4 years prior...
Yeah.. There was a reason.
Seems the Starbucks generation didn't want a rugged dependable suspension. They wanted a smooth car like ride that comes with coil springs, and cup holders. Don't forget they added cup holders just for them. And trying to break little Suzie of using a sippy cup worked better with coils over those mall speed bumps.
That, and the coil suspension system was much more expensive and vulnerable to breakage, so the stealership service departments and parts departments made more money. Win win for everybody.

Sayin'.
RJC#512
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1841
RCB-ZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Seems the Starbucks generation didn't want a rugged dependable suspension. They wanted a smooth car like ride that comes with coil springs, and cup holders. Don't forget they added cup holders just for them. And trying to break little Suzie of using a sippy cup worked better with coils over those mall speed bumps.
That, and the coil suspension system was much more expensive and vulnerable to breakage, so the stealership service departments and parts departments made more money. Win win for everybody.

Sayin'.
Its ok Rik I too would be mad if my Jeep had old covered wagon suspension technology under it. Its a shame that a "ZJ" the acclaimed " Mini Van" of the Jeep world could have such a far superior suspension system than your YJ.

Hope to see you on the trail..... Oh I mean at the MALL sometime

Back on topic

1977 Chevy short bed
RCB-ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1842
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Sayin'.
These are the things people without try to talk down because they're jeleous they don't have them...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #1843
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sayin'.
Wow. Wonder if the same argument was used when people switched to rubber tires. The wooden ones were so much more reliable (stupid yuppies and their smooth ride). Big conspiracy by the parts department to make money on the tires too. Stupid innovation
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1844
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead

Sayin'.
So the dude who owns a crappy YJ is giving ***** to a dude in a Cherokee? Of all the jeeps a YJ would be the last one I would own. The only thing good that came from a YJ is the leaf springs and family roll bar. I may consider the tub if I needed one but what makes your YJ so superior?
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1845
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB-ZJ View Post
Its ok Rik I too would be mad if my Jeep had old covered wagon suspension technology under it. Its a shame that a "ZJ" the acclaimed " Mini Van" of the Jeep world could have such a far superior suspension system than your YJ.

Hope to see you on the trail..... Oh I mean at the MALL sometime

Back on topic

Can't take a YJ to the mall. If you go over a speed bump with leaf springs it will jar your fillings out of your teeth. lol
That is one fine looking ZJ you have there. I would be proud to own that for sure. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
These are the things people without try to talk down because they're jeleous they don't have them...
Nah, not jealous. I'm very happy with my rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Wow. Wonder if the same argument was used when people switched to rubber tires. The wooden ones were so much more reliable (stupid yuppies and their smooth ride). Big conspiracy by the parts department to make money on the tires too. Stupid innovation
Leaf springs have been around LONG before the covered wagon of the 19th century. History dates them to pre 16th century. They must still be good because every truck still uses them from all manufacturers. They are heavy duty and maintenance free.

All that said, I just like to bag on them because people are so sensitive about the subject. My Chevy Avalanche has coils all around and it rides more like a car than a truck. I'm OK with that because I don't haul much more than bails of hay in it, or luggage for a long trip.
Coil setups CAN articulate better than MOST leaf sprung vehicles. I'm just partial to the more rigid Jeep like ride mine has.
The earlier Jeep XJ station wagons used leafs in the rear and coils in the front. I think that is the ideal setup. Apparently Jeep does too. That is what they use on the military version Wrangler with the diesel drive train. Wish they would sell them here in the US.

It was fun messing with you guys. Sorry to side track the thread.
RJC#512

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.