F>R Swap vs. BB Kit for 1997 ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > F>R Swap vs. BB Kit for 1997 ZJ

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 09-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
plefeber
1997 ZJ 

F>R Swap vs. BB Kit for 1997 ZJ

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee its and I6 and has 160,000 miles on it. I am looking for an affordable way to lift my jeep roughly 2 to 4 inches. Everything is bone stock and i dont want to spend more than 500 on total of parts and cost to have put on. I am also going to want to put new tires on it and maybe wheels so give me recomendations for both. I am a amateur to this field and i was wondering for your guys opinions.

plefeber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Does the $500 budget include for wheels and tires or is that seperate? If that is the total budget you can forget it. I have a 2.25" BB on my 98 ZJ with 31x10.5x15 MTs on Soft 8s. Total investment for that was as follows

2.25" BB with shocks $230
Soft 8 wheels x5 $200
31x10.5.15 MT x4 $450
used 31x10.5x15 AT $35
Total $915
Unread 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
plefeber
1997 ZJ 

O thank you and ya i ment 500 not including wheels and tires. And could you post pics of what yours looks like. and did u put it on or did someone else and if so how much did it cost?
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plefeber View Post
O thank you and ya i ment 500 not including wheels and tires. And could you post pics of what yours looks like. and did u put it on or did someone else and if so how much did it cost?
I had a friend install the lift and shocks for me so yes someone else did it, but no labor charges, just a 12 pack

Unread 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
plefeber
1997 ZJ 

can you actually off road well with those modifications i cant see much a diff from that and stock.
Unread 09-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plefeber View Post
can you actually off road well with those modifications i cant see much a diff from that and stock.
I can't really say for sure. I did not intend to do serious wheeling with it. I just wanted it for use to get to some more remote area's for camping and things like that. FWIW though, I have seen several people on here who do some fairly serious wheeling with similar setups.

Tags
1997 zj , budget boost , jeep build , jeep zj , spacer lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.