Does anyone have pictures of Trxus STS Tires on thier rig?!?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Does anyone have pictures of Trxus STS Tires on thier rig?!??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
usafreerider
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have pictures of Trxus STS Tires on thier rig?!??

I am looking in to purchasing a set of 33 12.5 15 Trxus STS for my DD. I would like to see what they look like on a TJ or similar jeep for that matter, but it is hard to find pictures of this combination. If you have any thoughts on the matter please comment.

Thanks

usafreerider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i did some research and they said the STS wernt very good tires, go through the tire section it will be in there

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
txfiremn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I dont have pics yet but I love the tires myself. I do mostly trails and mud and they work for me great. I dont do extreme stuff though. I also drive about an hour to work every third day and they have done great on the road too.
txfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

I heard the radials are pretty damn good for sand and gravel and street use. Plus they have recently upgraded the tread design to something a little flatter, a little more aggressive, lots of subtle changes.

I've got some pics on my HD of other people's Jeeps with them - I'll upload later.

I'll be getting some locally available tires next because I can't afford the international shipping on the STS's yet - but in the future I'm planning on running either 33 or 36" diameter by 14.50 wide. In the LONG term future I want to run the 38x15.50 STS radial.
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
I heard the radials are pretty damn good for sand and gravel and street use. Plus they have recently upgraded the tread design to something a little flatter, a little more aggressive, lots of subtle changes.

I've got some pics on my HD of other people's Jeeps with them - I'll upload later.

I'll be getting some locally available tires next because I can't afford the international shipping on the STS's yet - but in the future I'm planning on running either 33 or 36" diameter by 14.50 wide. In the LONG term future I want to run the 38x15.50 STS radial.
i thought i read they didnt get good street life and not very good on wet roads,

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

I think having the right pressure is key and the new tread design is flatter and hopefully that leads to more even wear.

They're siped so they're not going to be useless in the rain even if they're not the best... I've read that some guys see 40,000 miles out of them on heavy trucks and Hummers... and that sand and snow is where they excel.

It's become a popular show-truck tire so it can't be too bad on the street.
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
usafreerider
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it seems like all the reviews I have read about them boast good on road, sand, and snow performance as well as ok mud and rock performance. There was one review that was not good, but i believe i have read more good than bad. I would like to hear from jeep owners their thoughts because I am seriously considering these tires. I think they go a bad rap from the start, but they are better than what others perceive them to be.
usafreerider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep

It's become a popular show-truck tire so it can't be too bad on the street.

boggers are a popular show truck tire too
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #9
RUB1CON

One of our trucks at work has the STS radial and they have held up ok good snow traction mud ok granted this is on a 2wd lifted Tacoma but that besides the point anyways I have the Trxus MT and I love them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.