custom made tube fenders and inner fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > custom made tube fenders and inner fenders

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
limegreentj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

custom made tube fenders and inner fenders

hey fellas (and ladies) im getting ready to start my tube fenders this week....and what im really looking for is some pics of the home made inner fenders and pics with the hood up so i can see how everything is mounted and stuff. i dont want to cut up my good stock fenders (i can sell them and basically make my tube fenders for free) that is why i want to build an inner fender....i doubt its very complicated and ill probably just wing it if i cant get any good pics to go from...thanks in advance!

limegreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
limegreentj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hmmm.....no one?
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
throttlejammers
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i have an 03 tj and i am looking at making a set as well.. i am gonna use some 1.5 in tubing and flat sheet metal. when i get them done i will post pics
throttlejammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
limegreentj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cool man...that'll be at least 2 of us for a reference for others!
Unread 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone seen or done homemade flat fenders? I know it may sound lame, I've seen a couple pics, but looking for ideas and or suggestions.
Trob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here ya go

These I made for my other Jeep, didn't bother with inner fenders.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but for some reason they aren't showing up just showing ?'s Appreciate the effort. Have seen pictures but trying to figure out if I need to take em off or if I can use a cutting wheel and be careful and how to finish off the edges. Someday I'll be able to afford the $600+ to buy the real ones, but so many other things first. Thanks again.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob99 View Post
Thanks, but for some reason they aren't showing up just showing ?'s Appreciate the effort. Have seen pictures but trying to figure out if I need to take em off or if I can use a cutting wheel and be careful and how to finish off the edges. Someday I'll be able to afford the $600+ to buy the real ones, but so many other things first. Thanks again.
I cut mine and just filed the edges smooth. I would rather not spend the money for tubes when this gave me a bunch of clearance and was free. I trimmed the back of the wheel opening as well. it tucks 33's with only a 1.25" BL. These aren't the best pics, but you get the idea...

Later I may high line them, but only if I get a bit of suspension lift and bigger tires. I don't plan on bigger than 35"

Right after I did the cuts, testing the bumpstops.

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's bad ***! Thats pretty much what I was thinking, so far I've only cut my flares so they are flat. I'm running 33"s and 3" lift so hopefully mine will turn out as well. Did you take em off to cut? What did you cut them with? And you did say you cut out the back fenders too right? I'm thinking of cutting as much as possible and raising the rear fender flair. Nice job! Thanks for the pics and help.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's bad ***! Thats pretty much what I was thinking, so far I've only cut my flares so they are flat. I'm running 33"s and 3" lift so hopefully mine will turn out as well. Did you take em off to cut? What did you cut them with? And you did say you cut out the back fenders too right? I'm thinking of cutting as much as possible and raising the rear fender flair. Nice job! Thanks for the pics and help.
Unread 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I did the "trim the flare" thing too, and it just didn't look good enough IMO. I used a 90* die grinder with a 3" cutoff wheel. I left the fenders on when I cut them, just marked out my lines with 1/4" masking tape and went crazy. I did cut out behind the tire too. You can see where the inner fender line is different, I just followed that, and made a smooth transition. I'll see if I can get a pic of the area for better reference.

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
Unread 11-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here ya go.

and the front

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought just the flares would be good enough, but decided to go the same route as you. I was also planning on cutting the same way, but was a bit unsure. After seeing yours I now feel much better about it. Did you cut out your rears as well? I'm planning on raising the rear flair as high as I can, then cut out as much as I can. Someday I'll do the full crusher corners with the flairs, but all it takes is money. I like it, nice work, now I'll finally get inspired to do mine, I'm just trying to figure out the best place to put my turn signals. I like where yours are, but they would be blocked by my stinger. I'm thinking about somekind of small ones up by my mirrors, kinda like the mirrors you can buy now that have the lights built in, but I take my doors off every chance I get. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear em. Thanks again for the info and pics.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
miloty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob99 View Post
I like where yours are, but they would be blocked by my stinger. I'm thinking about somekind of small ones up by my mirrors, kinda like the mirrors you can buy now that have the lights built in, but I take my doors off every chance I get. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear em. Thanks again for the info and pics.

This is how I moved my front turn signals. I plan to do the same thing you two are talking about and really appreciate the pictures and information as well. Hopefully it will help out.
miloty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
addicted2dunes
1981 CJ8 

My wheel wells are still stock, but the tube fenders are all me:

addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.