Currie short V and Hanson 42" rock crawler bumpers - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie short V and Hanson 42" rock crawler bumpers

Like the title says. I'd like to see some pics. I'm debating between the two styles for fronts. Thanks.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
sardog12

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I have the Currie Rockcrawler V (45") with the low hoop and I love it. I had looked at the Hanson and it's not bad but I preferred the Currie over it since I wanted the hoop for the winch. I don't regret getting the Currie but the only thing that I want it to have would be some clevis mounts, but I can add them later. The other one that I liked (but forgot about when ordering or I probably would have went with it) was the Rokmen that had the integrated winch mount and would have been about the same amount with the hoop and fairlead mount welded on as the Currie, but also had the clevis mounts. The only drawback to that one is that it comes unpainted. But, anyway, here is some pics of mine.

GEAUX TIGERS
post #3 of 10 Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got any pics directly from the side, and one from straight on but underneath?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
sardog12

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Got any pics directly from the side, and one from straight on but underneath?
I will try to get some tomorrow or this weekend.

GEAUX TIGERS
post #5 of 10 Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank ya sir

post #6 of 10 Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
sardog12

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Thank ya sir
Sorry it took until today to get them up but here is the angles you requested.

Front View:

Side View:

GEAUX TIGERS
post #7 of 10 Old 11-16-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Right on man, thanks. I do like the angles on that bumper. Now if someone can post up some of the Hanson, I can get a comparison.

post #8 of 10 Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got your PM the other day, sorry I haven't replied...school is working me hard right now.
Soon as I get a chance I'll find a camera and get some pics.

If you want PM me your phone # and I can text you some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf0122 View Post
I think you are confusing the right to free speech with the right to be a **** bag, only one is protected by the constitution.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sardog, what are your likes/dislikes about that bumper?

post #10 of 10 Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
sardog12

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Sardog, what are your likes/dislikes about that bumper?
  • Narrow width
  • Built in winch plate
  • Hoop/winch guard made to fit with fairlead mount
  • Mounts all the way back to grill on top (under sway bar mounts, eight points on top)
  • Looks good/unique
Dislike:
  • No clevis bracket
Like I said, I liked the Hanson as well for the integrated winch plate but I didn't care for the lines of the Hanson stubby and didn't like how it didn't have a winch guard. Either one is a good choice.

GEAUX TIGERS

Last edited by sardog12; 11-17-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.