Clayton Offroad long arm flexing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Clayton Offroad long arm flexing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
2002TJX65
Addicted or Committed?

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Clayton Offroad long arm flexing

Just got the Clayton Offroad long arm kit. Anybody have pictures of their jeep with the same kit flexing? I have heard it flexes really good, just curious to see other peoples jeeps. I have about 4" of lift.

I6, NV3550, NP231, Trussed Ford 8.8, Trussed HPD30
2002TJX65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

About 4 inches of lift, with the Pro 3/4 link front and rear.

And a video that I've posted on the forum before, but it shows the flex

In all honesty, the Clayton long arms will articulate like crazy... It's how you set them up and get everything dialed in that makes the difference. I'm really starting to understand this now that I've put Metalcloaks on and so the fenders and flares aren't the biggest obstacles holding back my tire movement. It's finding a harmony of all the parts underneath the rig that is the challenge. I feel like I've got a great rig, and it's really capable. If I were fine with that then I would leave everything as it is (Minus installing bumpstops which I know I need, just haven't done). But it's the fact that if I take the time to really dial everything in and make it perfect that I'll be even better than I am that keeps me tinkering with things. And it also makes me realize just how in over my head I really am and it's going to take some serious time and effort! Just my $.02.
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
TJ-Bville
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm happy w mine also, I feel Clayton has their angles and lengths etc set up great. I used Clayton brackets and built my own arms, used their JJ also. I am running RE springs currently but don't like them. Here's mine w 37s 4-Link Rear 3-Link Front.

I do get flamed for square control arms but they have held up great.

TJ-Bville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
2002TJX65
Addicted or Committed?

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Bville
I'm happy w mine also, I feel Clayton has their angles and lengths etc set up great. I used Clayton brackets and built my own arms, used their JJ also. I am running RE springs currently but don't like them. Here's mine w 37s 4-Link Rear 3-Link Front.

I do get flamed for square control arms but they have held up great.
I was worried about the square arms too but they have a lifetime warranty that says they'll never bend, so what have I got to lose!

I6, NV3550, NP231, Trussed Ford 8.8, Trussed HPD30
2002TJX65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.