Child Seats in the back of a CJ, YJ, or TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Child Seats in the back of a CJ, YJ, or TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Child Seats in the back of a CJ, YJ, or TJ

Can someone show me some pics of Child Seats in the back of a CJ, YJ, or TJ?
My wifes entire family say you can't put a baby in a Jeep I need proof you can to get them off of my back about getting a family car.

*My son wont be in a Jeep until hes atleast 12-14months old unless it's a emergency or my wife isn't able to take him*

Last edited by Tom95YJ; 08-01-2011 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: Wifes family are Anti-Jeep
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

89 YJ with family style (91 and newer) roll bar

downsized_0427091457.jpg  

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
Skid1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Note the second car seat in the back for the other child who was not present at the time.

I drove my new born son home in this Jeep
Skid1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

4 year old twins. Buying booster seats this weekend. I hope they fit as well as the car seats do. BTW, they have been riding in the jeep for more than a year now.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
CHI JPR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My son is just turned 2 end of May. He's been riding in the Jeep for over a year. (A few times before 1 years old, but not regularly.) In less than two months, I will have a 2nd carseat (rear facing) for the new lil' Jeeper that's on the way!

CHI JPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yellow Jeep Member #42
01 TJ Sport
00 TJ Sport
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
2004JeepTJ

Hey soilderfoley, nice setup, thanks for the pic! I have twins also and have been trying to figure out how to get two car seats in the back seat of my TJ, they're not ready for the boosters yet. The seats we have now are like mini La-Z-Boy chairs and no way will two of them fit side by side. I'll have to keep my eye out for some smaller sized child seats, or I was giving thought to removing the rear seat altogether and mounting a base just to strap the car seats to, the base could be fabbed from steel and bolted to the same location as the OEM seat brackets. Another idea would be to get a rear TJ seat and use only the lower portion of it. That would buy some legroom for the kids. Has anyone seen any custom car seat mounts in a jeep? Of course safety is the main concern here as well. Thanks.
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004JeepTJ View Post
Hey soilderfoley, nice setup, thanks for the pic! I have twins also and have been trying to figure out how to get two car seats in the back seat of my TJ, they're not ready for the boosters yet. The seats we have now are like mini La-Z-Boy chairs and no way will two of them fit side by side. I'll have to keep my eye out for some smaller sized child seats, or I was giving thought to removing the rear seat altogether and mounting a base just to strap the car seats to, the base could be fabbed from steel and bolted to the same location as the OEM seat brackets. Another idea would be to get a rear TJ seat and use only the lower portion of it. That would buy some legroom for the kids. Has anyone seen any custom car seat mounts in a jeep? Of course safety is the main concern here as well. Thanks.
safety first basic car seat fits side by side in a TJ. (safety first, cosco are the same brand and chassis)

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004JeepTJ View Post
I saw a guy on here about 6 months ago who actually made a steel "bench" in the back of his so he could feel better about mounting a car seat. You can do some searching and maybe find it.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #11
2004JeepTJ

Hi again soldierfoley, that is exactly what i was thinking too. I steel bench would raise the child car seats up off the floor (with rear seat removed of course) and buy me some width since the wheel wells spread wider as height off the floor increases. I'll have to search for that thread, I hope I can find it. Thanks again.
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
Wheelhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI JPR View Post
My son is just turned 2 end of May. He's been riding in the Jeep for over a year. (A few times before 1 years old, but not regularly.) In less than two months, I will have a 2nd carseat (rear facing) for the new lil' Jeeper that's on the way!

Can he say Jeep yet!
Wheelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've had my little girl in a carrier-type infant seat since
She was born. 09JK. Now moving up to a forward facing seat. Any suggestions?
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a wife or kids, but my friend's daughter loves to ride in the jeep (accept for the freeway, which I can understand, it gets very loud and to windy). She calls the jeep "no doors!!!" every time she sees it, haha! The first time she rode in the jeep she insisted on wearing earphones because she remembered riding in my mustang (it was loud!) I don't know anything about the car seat though, sorry.

Unread 08-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic View Post
I've had my little girl in a carrier-type infant seat since
She was born. 09JK. Now moving up to a forward facing seat. Any suggestions?
Here's a link to some of the best/safest seats right now. We went with the Graco Nautilus in the Jeep and the wife's car, for the side inpact protection, it's narrower, the higher weight rating. Our little guy is a brute, over 3' and 40lbs and he's 2.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Car-Sea...eats/index.cat

Old seat. I should get some new pictures.

Last summer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.